PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

When will Bennett have the team \"prepared\"

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

When will Bennett have the team \"prepared\"

Postby PonySnob » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:06 am

Just as Mike Cavan said in the post game after every loss "we have to go back to work to get better" it appears that coach Bennett has a crutch phrase of his own - "me and the coaches have to do a better job of getting the team prepared." Well coach after losing 12 of your first 15 games, when is that going to start happening?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: When will Bennett have the team \"prepared\"

Postby Stampede » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:18 am

next game....See ya' PS.
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby what the??? » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:35 am

i totally agree (and please excuse this quick rambling post). it feels like mack brown is coaching this team...horrible execution. if you don't have the personnel, why continue to play bump & run??? OSU COULD HAVE SCORED 100 POINTS ON SATURDAY. why no safety help? use a zone when you don't have the personnel. also, how about teaching a db to turn their head & look for the ball. db's were in good position half the time (albeit physically overmatched). i would take redshirts off if for no other reason than I would think recruits watching this kind of performance would be turned off by the humiliation...how about this for good execution: what about the first game when darrell dickey was coordinating the offense back in the day? the offense executed fairly crisply and continued to move the ball the entire year
what the???

Postby Roach » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:10 pm

On some of the plays, there WAS safety help. On two -- maybe three -- of his touchdowns, Woods simply outjumped two guys, and one of them was Rico Harris, who's got good size.

Of course, there also were several catches by Woods when the safeties were very late getting over to help. And the one when there were no safeties or corners within several yards of him.

I hate to say it, but part of this was coaching. A safety should have lined up with the CB opposite Woods from the opening play. The idea that there was safety help on some plays and no safety help on others is crazy. It's not like they were throwing to anyone else.
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Return to Football