PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Give Stallion a break...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Give Stallion a break...

Postby Johnny Rock » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:06 pm

Why are so many upset with Stallion? He makes very good and valid points regarding SMU athletics. The administration needs to address many of his questions, along with many questions from other posters on this board. Local politicans have town hall meetings to talk about issues with their constituents. Therefore, Copeland and Turner need to hold an on campus meeting for those who want to attend to talk about SMU athletics. Johnny appoints Eddie P. to get this done. Get it done Eddie P! You can do it!
Johnny Rock

Re: Give Stallion a break...

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:13 pm

In a conversation I had with Woody Norris (SMU Ath. Dept.), he said that he does not respond to questions/comments posted on fan boards such as <A HREF="http://www.ponyfans.com" TARGET=_blank>www.ponyfans.com</A> or <A HREF="http://www.mustangmaniacs.com." TARGET=_blank>www.mustangmaniacs.com.</A> In his opinion, although this is a 'fan board', it is not the proper forum for addressing such concerns. His phone number is public information. He returns phone calls in a reasonable amount of time. He responds to letters. So...if you want to set something like this up (a 'town hall' meeting), call him up or write him a letter and suggest it. But don't hold your breath thinking that he or anyone else associated with SMU Athletics (Copeland, Turner, Bennett, etc.) is going to respond to your (our) posts on this 'fan board'. You'll turn bluer than the new uniforms or the end zones at Ford Stadium if you do.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:24 pm

He makes SOME valid points, but often he makes incredibly infantile assumptions..and frankly "THAT MAKES JOHNNY MAD"
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:35 pm

Look little "Predict an Upset Every Week" Boy-the general consensus of my predictions have been right on target for 15 years now-and each year I have had to deal with about 10 Pollyanna's just like you that keep changing their handles to protct their identities-BTW GoRedWhiteBlue you want to tell us who you were before your name magically appeared before us several months back and you suddenly made 300 posts in 3 months.

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 09-24-2003).]
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:42 pm

Actually G. Turner returned an email I sent..so you do get responses if you want to try.
Pony_Fan

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:43 pm

Does Stallion get a prize for 1000 posts?
Pony_Fan

Postby ponyboy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:51 pm

Fans are generally irrational by nature, thus the term "fanatic." They predict wins when those wins are damn near impossible. A little reality is a good thing, though. But hope aint a sin.

What IS bad is when someone predicts doom then is tickled when his prediction comes true. It's as if he'd rather us lose than be proven wrong.
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy

Postby PK » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pony_Fan:
<B>Does Stallion get a prize for 1000 posts?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naaah.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby PK » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stallion:
<B> BTW GoRedWhiteBlue you want to tell us who you were before your name magically appeared before us several months back and you suddenly made 300 posts in 3 months.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What so strange about that? He registered in May (thats about five months ago) and has almost 300 posts. You registered last December (thats about 10 months ago) and you have 1000 posts. What exactly is your point?

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 09-24-2003).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby SmooBoy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:00 pm

Stallion actually strikes me as the type of person who is probably not happy, no matter what the state of our athletics is. He was probably complaining about only beating A&M and Baylor by only 15 points and not 30 back in the '80s (he just didn't have the web at the time for masses of people to listen to his drivel).

Reminds me of the knuckleheads I deal with in the securities industry that wonder why they are only earning 15% on their investment and not 20%.

When things turn around, Stallion, please don't say "I told you so" because all your doom-and-gloom banterings is all I will remember.
SmooBoy

Postby abezontar » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:03 pm

actually Stallion has been around since Dec. 2000 which would mean it has taken him close to three years to accumulate 1000 posts.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:04 pm

Hey, Stallion is allowed his opinion, albeit a repetitive one. Now if only we could add that PE major, Stallion would only have the ghost of Ken Pye to beat on.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:06 pm

Actually, STALLION, I had been out of the state and didn't bother until 5 months ago.

I didn't HAVE a handle on PF.com, so here is a case and point that you are incorrect.

EVERYONE NOTICE: Stallion made an incorrect assumption and he was proven wrong. Bets are being taken, 21:1 against Stallion admitting any error.

Why don't you just call the administration...

oh, ****, I just figured it out...

STALLION must be a BANNED booster.

Not once did I EVER predict an upset.

[This message has been edited by GoRedGoBlue (edited 09-24-2003).]

[This message has been edited by GoRedGoBlue (edited 09-24-2003).]
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:22 pm

GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby PK » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by abezontar:
<B>actually Stallion has been around since Dec. 2000 which would mean it has taken him close to three years to accumulate 1000 posts.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pardon my dislexia, you're right, but in reality, Stallion didn't really get cranked up on this site until last January when the other site was down for about three weeks. Prior to that he did about 95% of his posting on the other site
PK

Next

Return to Football