PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

DMN and coverage

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

DMN and coverage

Postby BUS » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:53 am

Since Coach Bennett took over at SMU I have noticed one thing. The DMN is giving us more coverage. Blackistone, Campbell and Fraley have written just this week.

Yes, we are not real good right now but ( excuse me stallion ) give Bennett some time.

I hate losing. I hate making a business call and your customer say's " You all suck ". Yes I know but I'm a real fan and things are getting better. At least a little.

New Stadium, Coach Bennett, even recruiting standards are positive. Give me a degree in Sports MAnagement and I would be even happier.

Anyway, I think we will all have to agree... We are getting more positive coverage.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: DMN and coverage

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:25 am

If Dallas were still a two newspaper town, imagine how much more coverage we would get! I wish the Dallas Times Herald was still around. Its sports coverage was ten times better than the DMN.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby Stallion » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:25 am

I've never suggested that Bennett or any FB or BB head coach since the DP should be fired.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby BUS » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:58 pm

Stallion, I don't think that I said you did. I said what I said because it could be that I was one of those - NEXT YEAR, NEXT YEAR kind of guys.

The model is not the best but I see it as getting better.
Take Care
GSS
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby PK » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:53 pm

The DMN is definitely starting to give us more coverage. Big Sports Page front page story and picture on Jerry LeVias last week. Two articles Tuesday, one Wednesday, and three today...Farley's article, story on Rushbrook, and story on Hyndman's 300th win. For the most part, they have all been positive articles and that's a real improvement.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Otto » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:02 pm

And this site has been a blessing for those of us who crave information about our Ponies. Whether it's through posts on the message boards, game previews or feature stories, this site is my home page - at home and at the office. Great job, webguys.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Return to Football