PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ann Richards on Campus...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ann Richards on Campus...

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:37 pm

Does anyone else see the irony of having former Texas governor Ann Richards speak on campus at SMU on Oct. 2? I'll buy a case of beer for whoever has the b*lls to ask her about how she screwed SMU over in favor of her alma mater, Baylor.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Ann Richards on Campus...

Postby abezontar » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:43 pm

While I wish we had been selected to be a part of the Big 12....who's to say you wouldn't have done the same thing had you been Governor, I know if I had that influence, and could help out SMU, I would have done it.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:06 pm

...guess that means no beer for you, huh? (I'd ask her myself but I can't leave Houston due to a prior commitment called 'work'!)

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby davish75 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:35 pm

As a liberal, she took many positions harmful to Texas - death penalty, more prisons, poor environmental record, etc.

But she should have supported "Texas" football by fighting the devastating harm done to four tier one schools - including one state school. She enabled schools like Okla State, Iowa State, Kansas State, and others to enjoy a bonanza at the expense of SMU, TCU, Rice and Houston.
AustinTX
davish75
Junior Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:57 pm

I don't think the re-alignment of the regional college football conferences was one of her top priorities.

Then again, I do hate that woman so whatever you wanna accuse her of, I'll probably cheer you on anyway.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:48 am

From my cozy liar back east, I can only say, I would love it if someone would at least make her blink with a question like that. Or to put it another way, "Did you expect that your insistance that Baylor be added to the Big XII would lead to the untimely death of one of its students?"
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Return to Football