PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Buy tickets, Let SMU and C-USA Know We Want an Invitation

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Buy tickets, Let SMU and C-USA Know We Want an Invitation

Postby 93Mustang » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:10 pm

I'm making another call to remaining Mustang fans who take enough interest in our teams to post and/or check out this web site. Buy as many tickets as you can to football games and do everything you can to get people to attend our games. There is nothing we can do to change the results on the field, but we can proactively help our chances to get into C-USA if we buy more tickets and get people to go to our remaining home games. Buy some and give them to people at work on the condition that they go to the game and stay until halftime. Give them to families that may not be able to afford them. Give them to students who may be interested in SMU. We are in crunch time for getting an invite into C-USA. Undoubtedly, they will look at our attendence numbers. We can affect these stats by working hard between now and the time the invitations are made to get people to go to our games. Lets do something now before it's too late. I do not work for the school, I'm just a local alum who is sick of watching home games against San Jose St., Nevada, and Hawaii, and who believes playing UH, TCU, Tulane, and other eastern C-USA teams will be a much better fit for us and will ultimately improve our recruiting, attendence, etc.
93Mustang
Junior Varsity

Re: Buy tickets, Let SMU and C-USA Know We Want an Invitation

Postby Hoofprint » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:04 am

Your approach is both constructive and well thought out. I'm getting more tickets before the UTEP game and bringing people from work.
Hoofprint
All-American

Return to Football