PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Injuries

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Injuries

Postby JasonB » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:34 pm

Wow, injuries are just killing us.

- Rico Harris is out for the game. We don't know if NN will slide over or Sturdivant gets a start. Regardless, Sturdivant's redshirt is off.

- Moodley is out for this game, so RO Humphrey is back in as a starter. Do you take 4 or 5 corners on the travel squad? JR, RH, and Barnett are three. Who is next in line, Gilmore or McGee? It will also be interesting to see if Gilmore or Moodley are moved back to saftey to provide depth. McGee should get plenty of PT tonight, and losing a corner really hurts against Nevada's size.

- Massey is out, so Kincaid will get a ton of carries, again.

- DT could get worn down today. Adami is carrying injury, and Bean is the 4th DT, coming off a back injury. Karrington and Denman are officially out of the rotation.

- It will interesting to see if Muse and Sturdivant only see time on special teams, or if they actually play a significant amount.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Injuries

Postby WildHorse » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:04 pm

My understanding is that Nnabuife and Harper will start a safety, with Sturdivant backing up both.

I think McGee is next on the CB list, because if I'm not mistaken, Gilmore is moving to safety, since he lost a step after that awful knee injury.

Kincade will carry at least 35 times tonight, maybe 40. Good thing he's used to it.

Adami is a warrior, but remember, he hurt his knee last week. It will be interesting to see (hear) how that holds up. According to the PF.com story about him, Bean might actually benefit from his time off, since he has completely fresh legs and so much of his game centers on quickness. Jones and Bonds are freshmen - they don't need a break. I don't think Karrington and Denman made the trip.

Personally, I'd like to see them use the LBs who have played already, and save Muse's redshirt. He and Cleveland and Hall might turn out to be a pretty special trio.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby KnuckleStang » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:13 pm

I sure would like to know what Fitzgerald is doing so bad in practice that he can't carry the ball at least once. With Massey out, maybe he'll get in there today? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:19 pm

I hear he fumbles. But I haven't been to practice, so I can't swear to it.

Postby Arkpony » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:39 pm

The word I got is that he cannot block well and theyre working on it
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football