PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bennet needs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bennet needs

Postby i10pony » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:34 pm

to get a JUCO playmaker QB for next year. Wallis and Bartel suck. I guess SMU is becoming a feeder school for 1-AA schools at least for the QB position. See Chris Sanders and Josh Mckown because thats where Wallis and Bartel are headed.
i10pony
Junior Varsity

Re: Bennet needs

Postby Stallion » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:43 pm

We don't need a JUCO QB-we have plenty of talent at that position that just needs experience. I agree it is ridiculous to play Wallis when there is no way he fits into your long term plans. We need some JUCO WRs, a headhunting physical Safety and perhaps some linemen.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby fan » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:01 pm

I totally agree that we need some JUCO wideouts. There is simply nobody open when we try and pass the ball!!! Put Meeks, Bartel, Wallis, the kid from Bishop Lynch in but if nobody is open, or the recievers can't catch (see Baylor game) then it does not matter who is throwing.
fan
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:13 pm

don't we already have Bobby Chase coming in next year? We might see Vincent and Bobby both on the field next year. We need more playmakers.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football