PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bonehead Offensive Coordinator Call of the Week

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bonehead Offensive Coordinator Call of the Week

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:39 pm

I guess most people on here watched the Plowboy game. The NY Jets went for it with 3 yards to go on 4th down inside the 15 yard line down by 11 wih about 2:15 to go instead of kicking the almost automatic field goal.

Of course, they didn't make it, and keeps
my theory alive that the NFL is just a half step ahead of being classified as entertainment like wrestling.

Well, we have a winner here, and its not the NYJets OC. Its our own Larry Edmondson who has installed a neat looking version of the swinging gate, but can't keep it on a "need to know" basis until its truly needed.

The final vote was decided though on a similar but IFier to the NYJets situation on 4th, and 4 from the Nevada 27 in the 2nd QTR. We missed it, and that could've provided the winning or tying points as the
game turned out.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Bonehead Offensive Coordinator Call of the Week

Postby MizterTea » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PlanoStang:
<B>
I guess most people on here watched the Plowboy game. The NY Jets went for it with 3 yards to go on 4th down inside the 15 yard line down by 11 wih about 2:15 to go instead of kicking the almost automatic field goal.

Of course, they didn't make it, and keeps
my theory alive that the NFL is just a half step ahead of being classified as entertainment like wrestling.

Well, we have a winner here, and its not the NYJets OC. Its our own Larry Edmondson who has installed a neat looking version of the swinging gate, but can't keep it on a "need to know" basis until its truly needed.

The final vote was decided though on a similar but IFier to the NYJets situation on 4th, and 4 from the Nevada 27 in the 2nd QTR. We missed it, and that could've provided the winning or tying points as the
game turned out.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the goal-line "Mack-back" pass Stacey Mack threw in H-town gets SOME consideration for this award
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Return to Football