PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs UTEP on PPV

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU vs UTEP on PPV

Postby Mustang75 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:55 pm

I just noticed that the game Saturday is on ESPN GamePlan. We REALLY need to pack the house this time guys & girls. No excuses..
Mustang75
Varsity

Re: SMU vs UTEP on PPV

Postby FloridaMustang » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:21 pm

Alright! :) Can't wait to see UTEP crushed.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:56 pm

Anyone know how this works? SMU and UTEP are in the same league, and therefore fall under the same TV contract. Yet it's being shown on regular cable in El Paso, but not in the Metroplex. What gives?

Mustang75 is right - we need to be at the game en masse. EVERYONE bring someone to the game, and make them wear red & blue! Saturday's WIN will help create a few new PonyFans.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Postby methodistmustang » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:35 am

It works like this...every El Paso native loves UTEP with a passion. They will all watch. Dallas won't. If you noticed last year when UTEP was on FSN against Rice I believe they had a packed house and the Sun Bowl is a big Stadium. For some reason they appeal to that market even though they are bad. Just like Baylor.
SMU-THE University of Texas
methodistmustang
Scout Team

Postby giacfsp » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:43 am

I thought Baylor had the same attendance issues we do, although not to the same extreme. I know they're the only show in "town," but I thought their constant losing was keeping folks away. Not true? It's not like they packed the house against us - a game they could, and did, win - and we even brought a bunch of fans down.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby MizterTea » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:59 pm

Originally posted by Mustang75:
I just noticed that the game Saturday is on ESPN GamePlan. We REALLY need to pack the house this time guys & girls. No excuses..
you better not be talkin' jibba jabba to Mr. T... I got the money and I am ready to pay

:thumbupcool:
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby PerunaPunch » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:01 pm

HA! I was wondering how long it was going to take for the Tea avatar to show up. Well done!
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Return to Football