PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

POLL: Do you pull for the Cowboys

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

POLL: Do you pull for the Cowboys

Postby Hotel California » Fri May 05, 2000 11:05 am

There is no way in hell that I would pull for the Dallas Cowboys. I am from South Texas, and most people down there are HUGE cowboy fans. Not me! I cannot stand them.
I was a luv ya' blue fan from the begining. When the left, I was so pissed of, but glad that BUD ADAMS took his sorry rear out of the state. I look forward to the new Houston franchise.
Hotel California
Recruit

Re: POLL: Do you pull for the Cowboys

Postby ALL4SMU » Fri May 05, 2000 11:30 am

I hate the cowboys....America's team no more...
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby jettison » Fri May 05, 2000 4:37 pm

Go Cardinals!!!
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby smudad » Fri May 05, 2000 5:22 pm

When Mr. Landry, Mr. Schram & Mr. Murchison return to the origanization and bring their class with them, then I'll be back as a fan. Not even Dat and Bordo are enough to remove the cheese from the Cowboys organization.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Postby dmerritt » Fri May 05, 2000 6:19 pm

I would love to see the Chicago Bears play like they did in the mid 80's. They have always been my team. I will be sure to make my way to some Cowboy games to see Chris play.
Dan Merritt
dmerritt

Postby South Texas Pony » Fri May 05, 2000 7:07 pm

You bet! There is one die-hard Cowboy fan here, and with Chris playing, I guess there are two here now! He misses the former Cowboy coaches, too, but life goes on and changes occur whether we like it or not. Look forward to seeing Chris as a Cowboy!
South Texas Pony

Postby PonyExpress » Fri May 05, 2000 7:11 pm

Hell no. I'll always root for Bordano and Hellestrae, and every other SMU alum. But the first rule of growing up a fan of the great Washington Redskins is that you hate the Cowboys. My two favorite teams are Washington and whoever plays Dallas.
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Postby Russells Number 1 Fan » Sat May 06, 2000 2:21 am

I love to hate the cowboys. On my list of most hated spots teams they are number one, with the redwings a close second. Hacksaw is going to come on here and tell how great the cowboys are but they are finished and need to rebuild. Long live the broncos and John Elway.
Russells Number 1 Fan

Postby gulliverstang » Mon May 08, 2000 3:54 am

Jerry Jones and the Cowboys could be the most pretentious team in the NFL. Everyday is a soap opera. And the main characters are Deon, who is hiding his diminishing talents behind turf toe, old injury prone Emitt that should retire while his dignity is still intact, and a coke head injured wide receiver in Michael Irving. I will never respect those prima donnas. I would take the Bud Adams era with the Oilers over the Cowboys any day of the week. Also, Dallas citizens please get over yourself. Your city is not that great, and your sports teams suck. Except for SMU.
Go Ponies!
gulliverstang

Postby Hacksaw Jim Duggan » Wed May 10, 2000 3:34 am

this is ridiculous. the Cowboys are America's team. i'm tired of all these pinkos bashing them. to my number one fan, the broncos had 2 glory years; now they're done. the cowboys are the true sports dynasty, the franchise all others try to replicate. the boys will be back, and soon.
HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!<BR>USA!USA!USA!
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Postby Russells Number 1 Fan » Wed May 10, 2000 1:01 pm

Hacksaw you must be dreaming, the cowboys are old and wont be good util they get a real coach and some young talent. how was their draft this year? they got some good young talent right? until this happens you can watch the broncos dominate.
Russells Number 1 Fan

Postby SMUPonyFan » Wed May 10, 2000 1:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russells Number 1 Fan:
<B>Hacksaw you must be dreaming, the cowboys are old and wont be good util they get a real coach and some young talent. how was their draft this year? they got some good young talent right? until this happens you can watch the broncos dominate.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am impartial to the Cowboys, but if you are going to talk about who they have gotten, I can sum it up in one word...

BORDANO!

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Russells Number 1 Fan » Wed May 10, 2000 4:19 pm

I will always be a fan of smu grads that make it to the show. but that doesnt mean that i have to like the team they play for.
Russells Number 1 Fan

Postby HouStang » Wed May 10, 2000 5:45 pm

The only good thing about the Cowboys is Bordano being there, thats it. And they ARE NOT Amercia's team!! I am sick of hearing that. They are Irving's team, because that is where they play. Who ever gave them the title of America's Team anyway?? I bet if America took a poll, the Cowboys would be the most hated team, because everyone is sick of the circus that Jerry Jones is running over there. They are America's laughing stock. Irving Cowboy fans are a big cult, and they should be happy and lucky to have Bordano.
HouStang
Recruit

Postby Hacksaw Jim Duggan » Thu May 11, 2000 3:50 am

Well, I guess I'd be pissed off too if I lived in a city with no football team. Hell, I'd be just as jealous as you are if the Cowboys moved away and the new Houston franchise became the greatest sports franchise of all time. If the Cowboys are the most hated team in American sports; the Yankees must be second. Why? America loves winners, unless those wins come at the expense of your team. Plain and simple: the Cowboys win. They've had a few down years, true, but you can't ever take away 5 Super Bowls. Houston won 0. Denver won 2. Those aren't even in the same league as the Boys.
HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!<BR>USA!USA!USA!
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Next

Return to Football