PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

POLL: Do you pull for the Cowboys

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: POLL: Do you pull for the Cowboys

Postby MustangMan » Fri May 12, 2000 2:59 pm

Never have, never will. I'm just like PonyExpress -- my two favorite teams are the Washington Redskins and whoever's playing Dallas. (Made me really popular when I was going to SMU .... my Redskins hats sparked a few heated conversations with the Dallasites.)
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Postby HouStang » Fri May 12, 2000 6:36 pm

Wrong again Hacksaw. You could not be more wrong about the Cowboys being the greatest sports franchise in history. Please tell my how they are better than the Celtics, Lakers, or Yankees just to name a few. The Celtics have 16 rings, and won 11 in a 13 year span. Do you really rank the Cowboys ahead of them? Sorry to steal your thunder, but there is simply no comparison. The Bulls won more rings in the last decade than the Cowboys have total. The Lakers have won 11 championships. I know you enjoy those 5 rings, and don't worry...nobody can take them away, but they are not the greatest sports franchise in history.
HouStang
Recruit

Postby SMUPonyFan » Fri May 12, 2000 7:33 pm

Hacksaw,
You are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. By saying the Cowboys are the greatest franchise, your are saying the Bulls are the greatest franchise--and any other team that has had a streak. Just because the Cowboys and Bulls have had a hot decade does not mean they are the greatest. Maybe in your lifetime, a small one for that matter, they are the best. Wake up and smell the boringness of Ft. Worth. The reason why Houston does not have a FB team is because we strive for nothing short of PERFECTION, and Bud Adams SUCKED.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U

[This message has been edited by SMUPonyFan (edited 05-13-2000).]
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Hacksaw Jim Duggan » Sat May 13, 2000 4:25 am

Nice to see this post has become a personal attack on me. What can I expect though, dealing with Houstonians. First of all, what in the hell is a smart knife? Second, I'm glad Houston will accept nothing sort of perfection, but in DFW we accept nothing SHORT of perfection. Houstang, how in the hell can you consider the Cowboys sucess a "streak?" Two of those rings were won in the 70's, the other in the 90's. The Cowboys have been to 8, count them 8, Super Bowls in their 40 years of existence, going 5-3 in those games. We'll see who's laughing when the Cowboys pull in their next 5 rings before the new Houston team even wins 1. That won't count, of course, if the Houston team is forced to move due to unappreciative, unknowledgeable fans, and then proceeds to win a Super Bowl.

------------------
USA! USA! USA! HOOOOOOO!
HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!<BR>USA!USA!USA!
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sat May 13, 2000 4:14 pm

Hacksaw,
I am not sure what you are talking about, smart? sort? Oh well, you Ft. Worth people are strange, too much time I guess. And yes, they had two streaks, one in the 70's and one in the 90's.

Hopefully you all will win a championship before the Houston team does, after all, Dallas is the greatest franchise in history, and it takes time for an expansion team to get going. WOW, your logic is great. And yes, we did force the Oilers to leave, because Bud Adams was a shmuck--we did not appreciate that.

------------------
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby HouStang » Sat May 13, 2000 8:17 pm

Hacksaw,

you still have not told me how the cowboys are the greatest sports franchise. There is a very big gap from being a successful football franchise to being the greatest sports franchise of all time.

I bet if you lived somewhere in CA would you be saying the 49ers have the greatest franchise in sports history.

As far as Houston football, we will have a first class program, with the best stadium, and with free agency these days we can get into the mix soon. Sorry Ft. Worth didnt get the franchise, and I doubt the Cowboys will win 5 before we win one. They don't come that easy for Dallas, especially without Landry & Jimmy Johnson.
HouStang
Recruit

Postby Russells Number 1 Fan » Mon May 15, 2000 1:30 am

being russells number 1 fan i need to stick up for hacksaw. we have had our differences at times and we have a little wager on a hockey series(1-0 whats up). but houston doesnt even have a team so right there you have no room to talk. your right that they are not the best team in history in all of sports but the do have a long history in the nfl. i cant believe that im siding with hacksaw on this one you owe me one buddy.
Russells Number 1 Fan

Postby Hacksaw Jim Duggan » Mon May 15, 2000 4:20 am

thanks, cr. an impartial observer was needed. by the way, good game last night. roy was incredible. but i have a feeling it'll be 1-1 heading back to colorado.
HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!<BR>USA!USA!USA!
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Postby ALL4SMU » Mon May 15, 2000 8:52 pm

I will never, ever pull for the cowboys. enough said!

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football