PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bartel throws side-arm now???

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bartel throws side-arm now???

Postby Mustang75 » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:51 pm

It was so refreshing last year to see an SMU QB throw from 12 o'clock. That's how it worked against LaTech. Bartel threw BB's to receivers. What's up with the new style? Does our coaching staff teach this? Does someone think this makes him better? Is this what our players are suppose to buy into? Along with the 'swinging gate' in the playbook, I'm worried...
Mustang75
Varsity

Re: Bartel throws side-arm now???

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:03 pm

How have we stayed SMU fans for so long? This is such a joke.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Bartel throws side-arm now???

Postby Dark Horse » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:09 am

I'll avoid the obvious answers about remaining SMU fans because we are loyal fans of our school, not "typical Dallas fans" who jump ship when their team loses or the anticipation of the maturation of the young players. Such positive thoughts, I gather, are a no-no on the night of a loss.

However, Bartel's throwing motion did bother me. He's a nice tall kid, but that motion is what led to all those picks for touchdowns by defensive linemen last year. That is something that has to be corrected in practice - this week - or someone's going to pick one again.
Dark Horse
All-American

Return to Football