PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Suggestion: Quit Reacting to Ponysnob

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Suggestion: Quit Reacting to Ponysnob

Postby Original Frank » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:02 pm

Sorry, I just can't stand it anymore. Ponysnob posts troll message after troll message day after day, week after week and you guys just keep on taking his bait and reacting just like he is some kind of concerned ally. I have not posted here in about two years, but I can no longer sit back and watch Ponysnob make such a fool of you well-intentioned but incredibly naive folks. Good grief man, he must get such a kick out of yanking your collective chain day after day. Everyone likes to gripe about Stallion, but at least it is clear to see that Stallion has sincere wishes for SMU. My guess is that Ponysnob (don't you think his name gives away something!) is either a TCU or NTSU troll that has continuously fed upon your penchant for trusting defensiveness and naivete'. Your treating him as a concerned insider must provide him with an abundance of amusement and satisfaction, all at your expense.

No, last night's loss, as devasting as it was, will not affect the whole C-USA thing. No, the game will not draw less than 7,500 fans. No, SMU will not revert to Div IAA. No, Phil is not about to be fired. As tough as it is to be a SMU fan, and I have tried for 20 years, you guys make it that much harder by constantly letting Ponysnob get into your head by posting his appocalyptic SMU-derisive messages. Yes, the situation is bad - losing to UTEP at home seemed an impossibility only a few days ago - but as bad as it is, it's not as bad as Ponysnob wants to the world (ie: players, recruits, parents, C-USA, SMU supporters, etc.) to think it is.
Original Frank
Junior Varsity

Re: Suggestion: Quit Reacting to Ponysnob

Postby Water Pony » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:19 pm

Thanks, Frank. PonySnob is a flamer and you are right.

Go you, S M U !

<small>[ 10-05-2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Water Pony ]</small>
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:10 pm

Sorry to say, but I did in fact graduate from SMU. Sorry that I feel that it is time for our program to start winning games - every other school around the Metroplex seems to have been able to turn their program around - I just want to know when can SMU fans expect to win games!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby mustangmawmaw » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:13 pm

Woo-Hoo to you Frank, Thanks for pointing out the positive facts, glad to have you back to encourage us. I will be a believer for the Mustangs and never read another comment from Pony Snob. Our boys have nowhere to go but up and this mawmaw will be one of thier most loyal cheerleaders.
mustangmawmaw

Postby SMU4u2000 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:21 pm

Originally posted by Original Frank:
[QB[...but as bad as it is, it's not as bad as Ponysnob wants to the world (ie: players, recruits, parents, C-USA, SMU supporters, etc.) to think it is. [/QB]
Oh, there are far worse things in life - Just not in Div I football.
SMU4u2000
Recruit

Postby KnuckleStang » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:06 pm

Alright, Frank, I've seen the light, I'll take your advice. But if he's in fact a troll, how can he have remained one for so long, and not be banned? In any case, it's no use, he would just change his name and come back some other way.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:17 pm

I sure as hell don't react to Ponysnob. I'm reacting to what I see and hear every saturday. All Bennett says in every press conference is: "well its my fault and im sorry. we just need to do a better job of coaching." No ****. How long is this gonna take to get the whole coaching thing down? 2 years? 3? 5? A better recruiting, smoother talking Cavan clone is not my idea of progress for this program.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby giacfsp » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:23 pm

UNF, I've read too many of your posts to believe you can't see the difference between Cavan and Coach Bennett. You're smarter than that.

And I thought you'd moved to Florida - you're still here, watching the Ponies?

Re-starting any program -- a sports team, a business, whatever -- takes some time. Give Coach Bennett the benefit of the doubt. If the players he's brought in can't do it, then there's a problem. But he deserves another two-plus seasons of unquestioned support. And in that time, this program will progress by leaps and bounds.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby KnuckleStang » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:52 pm

As I said in another thread, there is no coach in the country who completes a game knowing he didn't make a mistake. Coaches make mistakes in games, just like players do. Bennett freely ADMITS his mistakes, that's the only difference. His reputation is one of a "player's coach," and he assumes a great deal of blame, voluntarily, for mistakes of his PLAYERS. I'm not convinced it's Bennett's fault when somebody fumbles on the 1. And when we eventually start winning, he'll get too much of the credit. Players win games.

<small>[ 10-05-2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: KnuckleStang ]</small>
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby Fresh » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:59 pm

Well said, Knuckle. The difference between him and other coaches is that he admits when he makes a mistake. If you believe some folks, he should be shot for having the guts to admit a mistake.

And you're right about the fumble at the 1. I love how hard KK plays, and what he's done for this team. But if he wraps up the ball and dives across the goal line, does UTEP quit? Maybe.

Either way, it was a hell of a play by the UTEP kid who stripped the ball. But there were a lot of things that can't be blamed on Coach Bennett.

Stay faithful - Coach Bennett soon will get the Ponies running in high gear.
Fresh
Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:03 pm

Bennett is clearly trying to keep the pressure off of the players. He deserves credit for that. I questioned the swinging gate play at Nevada. All coaches make mistakes.
Hoop Fan

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:01 pm

giacfsp - i REALLY want to love Bennett. I think he's a great guy and is putting on a good show for the media. but i am looking for results. period. i see some improvements- but i see nothing to get excited about, and we're still "a few mistakes short" of winning most of our games. so what makes the bennett era different from the cavan era as far as our record is concerned (so far)?

and yeah i moved back to florida. so now do i have to attend every home game in dallas to have an opinion? i've seen both games on tv this year and when i've listened to every game over the net for 3 years when not attending in person when i was a student at smu. the only exception would be the tulsa game of last year at home. right as the game was starting, i was leaving smu forever.. catching my flight back to fl. not a great experience. im just as diehard of a mustang fan than anyone here. ask ed davidson or any of the equipment managers how passionate i was and still am about this program. i bleed red and blue; dont ever mistake any of my negativity to be a lack of loyalty to SMU.

<small>[ 10-05-2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: UNFMustang06 ]</small>
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby giacfsp » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:12 pm

No, you don't have to live here to have an opinion, and based on your volume of posts, it's obvious you are loyal to SMU. I was just curious if you'd moved back to Dallas. Personally, I wish everyone was as faithful as you seem to be.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:25 pm

Well ok then :D
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football