PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Most Exciting Play you have ever seen....

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Most Exciting Play you have ever seen....

Postby ALL4SMU » Tue May 09, 2000 12:33 am

I think the throwback pass that Tennessee Titans did against Buffalo takes the cake for me. That was incredible. AND IT ORIGINATED AT SMU! WOOHOO! I wish I could have seen the original.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: Most Exciting Play you have ever seen....

Postby Red+BlueDude » Tue May 09, 2000 11:22 am

Easy - The pass from Mike Romo to Michael Bowen in the last seconds of the game against UConn to give SMU its first win since the return of football. I managed to get on the field after the game, dove into a pile of players and then got stuck while an offensive lineman (who was sprawled on top of me) got treated for cramps and heat exhaustion. That big sweaty dude didn't move for almost a half an hour, and the trainers wouldn't let me crawl out from under him because they were afraid he was seriously hurt. That was a game I'll never forget.
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Postby THE ROCK » Tue May 09, 2000 12:00 pm

THE ROCK SAYS...

THAT IS A PRETTY COOL STORY. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE BEEN THERE TO SEE IT. MY FUTURE MOST EXCITING MOMENT- WHEN <B>THE COMET</B> CATHES A PASS ON THE FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE IN FORD STADIUM TO GO 80 YARDS FOR A TOUCHDOWN!

------------------
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?
THE ROCK
Scout Team

Postby 91Stang » Wed May 10, 2000 3:42 pm

Sorry, Rock. I still say Hampton catches the first touchdown. But I've re-vamped the playbook. Instead of Kris Briggs throwing a halfback option, he'll take a pitch from McCown, sprint to the outside and pitch the ball to Freeman, who will be coming on an end-around. It will be FREEMAN, not Briggs, who throws the option pass to Hampton.

Take this to Vegas and bet the house. You'll be instantly rich.
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby BUS » Tue May 16, 2000 9:44 am

For me, the best play is the UConn victory pass from Romo. I can not wait to see the crowd go wild when we beat Kansas...

Others would be the Bobby Leach return in Lubbock and the Jeff Courtright pass that is still the longest pass in SWC history.

Modern History not all Doak Walker era. SMU Football - KICK'em Stangs
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ALL4SMU » Tue May 16, 2000 10:56 am

Interesting scenario you have there. Not very plausable, but interesting none the less!

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Return to Football