PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kicking game???

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kicking game???

Postby DallasDiehard » Sat Oct 28, 2000 7:27 pm

A missed field goal and a block? Not a good sign -- I thought we'd gotten past that. Jacob Crowley had been kicking good lately, but today didn't look that great. Any chance of another turnaround?
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: Kicking game???

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sat Oct 28, 2000 8:28 pm

Why can't everything just come together. Maybe at the TCU game, every aspect of our team will be on target. That is something to hope for.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby kangaroo » Sat Oct 28, 2000 11:36 pm

Crowley did as we should expect. He made the extra points, made a good effort on the one that was wide left (he will make more than he misses from that distance) and missed the one which was beyond his range (generally means the kicker tries to drive the ball and does not get enough height - also, the TV guys said he was set up a yard closer to the line)
kangaroo

Postby PonyPower » Mon Oct 30, 2000 12:45 pm

I was listening to the radio while I was at the game, and Craig Swann said almost every team in the country lines up its kicker either 7 or 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage -- but Crowley was lined up between 5 and 6 yards back. I don't know much about kicking, but wouldn't that extra yard or two allow more of a chance to get the ball up in the air quick enough to not get blocked?
PonyPower
All-American

Return to Football