PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Copeland in Houston

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Copeland in Houston

Postby Joyous » Wed May 10, 2000 8:29 am

The event was a great success. Copeland was filled with excitement about the stadium and all the events planned especially for September 2nd. He answered all questions and everyone was very satisfied with his answers. I think they have thought long and hard about the most serious problem - which will be parking. Copeland said there will be some new parking garages plus level parking. If that is not enough a shuttle will run all day to bring people back and forth. There will also be a drop off spot close to the stadium where you can drop off your tents, coolers and etc. for tailgating. Yes BUS they have thought of the RV's parking and there will be a special/specific place for that. He said you will have to make these arrangements in advance because RV's will have a definite route they will take. The way he said it I guess you will call his office. I got to meet Mustang Mom and HouStang. They are a beautiful family and most gracious. We and everyone there had a wonderful time. It was just a FUN night. Great idea.
It's pretty early and I know I have forgotten something - maybe Mr. C will fill in this afternoon. I almost had to drag him out.
GO MUSTANGS!!!
Joyous
Varsity

Re: Copeland in Houston

Postby HouStang » Wed May 10, 2000 11:39 am

I enjoyed visiting with you Joyous and look forward to seeing you during football season. Also, about the uniforms, Copeland said there will be new ones, but did not get into specifics about the look.
HouStang
Recruit

Postby MustangMatt » Wed May 10, 2000 11:50 am

I wish I could have made it, but finals kept me in Dallas. It is good to hear it was a success. I think these types of gatherings are what the Ponies needs to bring football back to SMU.

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Postby D » Wed May 10, 2000 11:56 am

What kind of attendance was there for the event? I figure we have some pretty good numbers in Houston.
I haven't seen anything about them doing this type of thing in Dallas. Anybody else heard anything?
D
Varsity

Postby ole jim » Wed May 10, 2000 12:26 pm

GREAT EVENT. MR. COPELAND MADE A GREAT PRESENTATION. HE IS A VERY WARM AND FRIENDLY PERSON. VERY EASY TO TALK TO, AND IS A GOOD LISTENER.

ENJOYED MEETING MANY OF THE PARENTS. WAS GREAT MEETING JOYOUS.

ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT- GRIDER COULD NOT MAKE IT.

[This message has been edited by MustangMatt (edited 05-10-2000).]
ole jim
Recruit

Postby 91Stang » Wed May 10, 2000 12:36 pm

I say we make Joyous an honorary Ponyfans.com correspondent!
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby MustangMom » Thu May 11, 2000 1:27 am

Joyous I so enjoyed meeting you and your husband!! Now I can't wait to cheer those Mustangs at the opening game with you and many of the other Houston parents. Jim Copeland was great! (And so was Jan Peterson and the SMU Development staff who helped to get this fun and informative event together.) Jim gave us a lot of information about the plans for the opening game and the other home games. He and his staff are doing their best to bring back the glorious tradition of SMU football! I hope all the parents will get behind the program and encourage their students to do the same. The althetic staff is working hard, the team has a new spirit and attitude, we have the awesome Ford stadium - now let's fill that stadium and beat Kansas!!!

------------------
Go Ponies!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby Grider » Thu May 11, 2000 11:30 am

to Ole Jim

I was high and dry in the thriving metroplex of Parkersburg, WV. However, me being a social fan and all(inside joke), This would have been right up my alley. Really though, I'm glad everything went over so well and it just makes me so pumped for the season and the new stadium, when we start talking about the specifics. Can't we just skip Summer all together and go straight to Fall?
BTW, The Mustangs have a huge asset in their Houston supporters. Keep it up, we appreciate what y'all are doing! I'll do my part in Lufkin.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Return to Football