PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cream of the Crop

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cream of the Crop

Postby Cyn » Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:52 pm

First of all, I am the sister of a player on the football team. I have been reading all the comments regarding games and players for over a month now. I must admit we are a young team. A team with great talent waiting to explode. Personally, it's a timing issue. Everybody wants to win and win NOW.
I like Coach Bennett. I feel that he has a winning plan. But that plan will take a little time to unfold. We as fans must dig a little deeper into our pockets and pull out the extra dose of patients----we can do this!
Did anyone watch the sideline interview with Jerry Jones during the Cowboys vs Lions game on yesterday(sunday)? Jones said in his interview that he was very proud of the guys buying into Parcells philosophy. What a POWERFUL statement this was. Players have to believe in their coach and go onto the field and play the game.
My challenge to all players on the football team including my brother......
1) buy into Coach Bennetts philosophy
2) sell you souls to the game of football for a few hours on Saturday.

Do these things and the world will see who is "Cream of All Crops"

Lots of Love to the team! Hang in there bro!
Cyn

Re: Cream of the Crop

Postby NavyCrimson » Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:59 pm

WELL - SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're right!
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:01 pm

glad to hear from somebody who is not pointing fingers and spreading venom. Stay around for a while. We're all frustrated.

<small>[ 10-20-2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Hoop Fan ]</small>
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RED » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:18 pm

This woman has an excellent point and attitude. I only PRAY that more of our fans will catch on to this philosophy. We need to realize that change cannot take place overnight.

Positive people can do amazing things!
RED

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:24 pm

Originally posted by Hoop Fan:
We're all frustrated.
Thats the understatement of the year!

I will never stop cheering for my Mustangs but so time this losing has got to stop! In that 45-3 Loss I stayed the whole game and didnt leave till a few seconds left! Ive been to almost every home game since the year I moved to Texas when I was just 5 in the year of 93! My whole room is red and blue except for the part thats green that I made for LHS. Nothing is gonna change for me except if I believe that we will ever win! Cause the way things are going right now it looks like there aint any hope at all
Mustangs35SMU

Postby The PonyGrad » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:26 pm

She is right. Part of our problem is that expectations were raised because of such solid recruiting. Not just the freshman now here but the commitments we currently have who are not even here yet. To echo some on this board the upperclassmen are few in number and were not in highly rated recruiting classes. We really need to be patient.

Having said that we all expected better this season, expecially out of the quarterback position and so we are frustrated.

Regardless, there are winnable games ahead this season. We need to keep our eye on the ball now and remain excited about the prospects for the future.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Postby Spaz » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:31 pm

sell you souls to the game of football for a few hours on Saturday.

Best damn thing I've ever heard

GO MUSTANGS!!!
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Return to Football