PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulsa Bound

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tulsa Bound

Postby Diehard Pony » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:26 pm

Yes, I realize that my handle is Diehard Pony, however for the first time since very early in the season I have some anticipation about an upcoming game.

Why?? Because I want to see 3 things (possibly 4 if you include a possible win). First, I want to see what starters are replaced and by whom; second, I want to see if there is any fire in their bellies from the shakeup; and finally, I want to see the debut of Chris Phillips.

Believe it or not, there is another fan who wants to go with me. Possibly I need to see a psychiatrist, and maybe I need to get a life, but I am actually interested for the reasons above.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Re: Tulsa Bound

Postby KnuckleStang » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:29 pm

Nice to know you're an SMU fan, and not just a football fan, like some of these folks. Wish I could be there as well. I'm also curious. Pull em through!

<small>[ 10-20-2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: KnuckleStang ]</small>
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby MustangSally » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:54 pm

Unless something huge comes up this week, I am going to the game as well. I may be the only student there. I am trying to round up a few friends to go with me.

We are thinking about *possibly* bringing our horns and just playing Peruna and Pony Battle Cry in the parking lot. Will any ponyfans be there tailgating to enjoy it? Let me know so we can come serenade you with our loud, brassy Mustang Jazz!
From high on the hilltop, in Big D...
MustangSally
Varsity

Postby ponyte » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:01 pm

I will be there as well with a few kids and my father in tow. There isn't much tailgating opportunities in Tulsa the last 2 times I have been up there. And there may be more action since this is not the last game of the year for a couple of struggling teams.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Eddie P » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:09 pm

I will be up there, probably by myself. : (
As far as tailgating goes, there is an awesome establishment right across the street from the stadium called the "Hardwood." That is the place to be if you want to go somewhere and hangout before or after the game. Great ownership, good food and adult beverages galore.

Postby Dark Horse » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:26 pm

They don't have any Baylor-like discouragement of drinking, do they?

I'll be there. Everyone needs to wear SMU or PonyFans.com gear!
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby Eddie P » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:31 pm

This place is NOTHING like Baylor. I wouldn't want to live in Tulsa, but you can have some fun if you know where to look. We had a fairly good time the last time I was there for the WAC conference tourney. I'm rather looking forward to going, actually.

<small>[ 10-20-2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Eddie P ]</small>

Postby Nacho » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:43 pm

I definitely won't be there. I'll stay at home and watch a real game on TV. I love OU. Who are they playing? Can't wait for the OU-TT game. Tulsa-SMU--man that's ugly. Wouldn't go near that.

Saw Runaway Jury today. It wasn't great but it was a lot better than SMU football.
Nacho

Postby newfan » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:57 pm

i am also looking forward to the start of chris phillips. I am hoping that the team can pull together in all of this mess and turn it around. Question: do you think that there will be excessive pressure on phillips to perform, and if he doesnt pull out a win for the ponies how much blame do you think he will get?
I am going to go to the game to see for myself bringing 10 other pony fans with me.
GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!! (even though i am from Tulsa born and raised, now a texan.)
newfan

Postby hugehurricanefan » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:10 pm

No TU is nothing like Baylor until a few years back we were one of the few colleges that sold beer in the staduim. But b4 the game The Hardwood sells beer outside Many TU fans hang out there b4 the game. They also sell Brautwurst. You can also get beer at the Hurricane Hut which is on campus. TU is the only wet campus in oklahoma i think
hugehurricanefan

Postby TUfan » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:55 am

Originally posted by Dark Horse:
They don't have any Baylor-like discouragement of drinking, do they?
Definately not like Baylor. TU is a wet campus. Drink away. No need to even hide the beer.
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby Arkpony » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:25 am

I will be there!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby RedRiverPony » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:03 pm

We're headed over to Tulsa first thing in the morning. Hope we have a good contingent of SMU fans - let's show the odds-makers what idiots they are.
Go Ponies!
RedRiverPony
All-American

Return to Football