PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU in BCS Standings

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU in BCS Standings

Postby leadpony » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:48 pm

They are rolling in at number 14. I hate TCU, but this is what we should be lookin at.

I can remember not so long ago when TCU sucked just as bad as SMU. However, they started to recruit better, got an awesome coach, and now are in the damn BCS standings.

Which direction are we headed?

In 1998 TCU was 1-10 (a record that we are going to have to have an upset to obtain) then in 2001 they were 10-1, ending the season with a nailbitter against us, only 55 points ahead of us. For all you non football fans that is 7.8571428 more touchdowns than we had.

I am sick and tired of being a bottom dweller. And I am sick and tired of putting money and effort into a team that is setting NCAA records, the hard way.

Lets get this thing turned around, or start paying our players again. Think about it people they would never give us another death sentance, and I think that all of us would enjoy something to cheer about.
leadpony
Recruit

Re: TCU in BCS Standings

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:20 pm

CBSportsline article on BCS poll suggests that TCU or NIU need only finish in the top 12 to qualify for a spot. I thought only Notre Dame got in at 12 and anyone else had to finish in the top 6. Did that change this year as a result of pressure brought by the non-BCS coalition?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:20 pm

God I cant wait till we face TCU this season! A Major Upset is instore againist them!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Spaz » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:01 am

It's a hard time to be a mustang fan, but somebodies gotta do it...
Just look at the big picture. We may not be good soon, but we could be competitive again in 3-5 years, i don't know
I do know it ain't gonna happen next year, my last season marching....sniff

The Spaz
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby The PonyGrad » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:06 am

Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
CBSportsline article on BCS poll suggests that TCU or NIU need only finish in the top 12 to qualify for a spot. I thought only Notre Dame got in at 12 and anyone else had to finish in the top 6. Did that change this year as a result of pressure brought by the non-BCS coalition?
Top 12 is to qualify, top six is needed to guarantee a spot. It used to be that, given the selection process, top six would be needed but given the political pressure lately I think the BCS are looking for a way to let a top 12 undefeated non-BCS team in.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Return to Football