PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What do we have to lose?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: What do we have to lose?

Postby EdWiz » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:34 pm

first off, the problem doesn't lie in Eidson, I believe the problem is elsewhere. Im sure the coaches have the guys that they have the most confidence in at key positions like a DS. But with this coaching staff you never know what they are thinking. I dont even know if they know. About the whole QB issue, i think Bennett is simply looking for an out for his inexcusable performance as a head coach. Yeah he coached at some good programs, but in case you havent noticed, being a DC at a Big XII school doesnt necessarily make you the answer to SMU's problem. He kind of has his foot in his mouth, because he came in talking himself up and promising all these things and then reality set in. I wish the Mustangs well for the remainder of the season and i hope they at least win one game. Good Luck. (...and in Chicago they thought the curse of the goat was bad, and in Boston the Bambino curse. What about the curse that haunts this program?)
EdWiz

Postby The PonyGrad » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:40 pm

Our curse is self inflicted. Fortunately that curse was lifted a couple of years ago but it will take 4-5 years for the effects to wear off.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby buspen » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:41 pm

Originally posted by The PonyGrad:
Kinda need to trust the coaches who are there every day.
I think that is exactly what SMUHouston was asking, not whether a center can block or not, by the way one of the kickers said Simmonds can hold his own, but considering alot of these posts, are the coaches getting the right guys in the right mix at the right time.
buspen
Junior Varsity

Postby EastStang » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:47 am

I guess my take is this. Coach Bennett has stuck with his older players all year and given them every opportunity to shine. A losing season is now guaranteed. Anyone who questions his loyalty to his older players isn't thinking. Now, he will look at those younger players who he thinks would benefit from burning the redshirt and getting some game time under their belts to see who should play next year. He may find that the older players still should start next year. As far as who should play, if a lineman is undersized, he may be giving them an extra red-shirt year to beef up some more so they can be even better and perhaps avoid injury.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football