PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Roster

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Roster

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:21 pm

didn't take long to get Bartel off the roster. I count 78 scholarship players, with only 10 seniors. By my count, that's 17 available 'ships. Lots of work to be done. I'm assuming Brad Bean remains on scholarship in my count. Any 4th year juniors set to graduate and move on? Anyone with no hope of seeing any playing time talking about leaving? This could become a full class if Bennett & Co can find enough players willing to come turn this thing around.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Roster

Postby ponyguts » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:35 pm

Bean will remain on scholarship, but it will be a medical scholarship and wont count against the team's.
ponyguts

Postby Mickey » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:02 pm

I think 2 of those 17 available have already been used. Foy Munlin and the transfer DB from Air Force. That leaves 15.
Mickey
All-American

Postby Stallion » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:23 pm

I'm sure Munlin and the Air Force transfer will count on last year's numbers. I'd be surprised if we didn't sign at least 21 new recruits this year.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Ikus » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:15 am

From what I understand, Stallion's right -- Munlin and Akinyemi will count against last year's scholarship cap.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby Mickey » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:43 am

Originally posted by Ikus:
From what I understand, Stallion's right -- Munlin and Akinyemi will count against last year's scholarship cap.
CP and I are counting the scholarships that will be available against the aggregate cap of 85. Unless more players leave, we count 17 available for Aug 04.
Mickey
All-American

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:49 am

The scholarship availability situation looks bright. Foy will be a terrific asset to our new offense. It was stated in this forum before that we were going to have to take our lumps to get the program on track and winning. Well, we're in the middle of just what posters were speaking of. Hunker down and press on. Plan your work and work your plan. I put my trust in Coach Bennett. He will do it!!!
Bergermeister

Postby GrapevineMustang » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:40 am

Amen, brother. I'm encouraged enough by some of the returning talent that I'm ready to buy my season tickets today. Munlin is bigger, quicker and stronger than the great Kincade - I can only imagine what defenses will feel like after a stead diet of Munlin and Massey.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Return to Football