PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

More Marketing Publicity

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

More Marketing Publicity

Postby DiamondM » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:24 am

Interesting story on espn.com about effort to get fannies in seats. That 20K average will go down after the pitiful showing last Saturday. I do like the idea of giving kids a chance to have a football job for a day. Why can't they let some of the adults do that? Of course, my fannie is in my seat anyway, no need to give me marketing gimmicks I guess.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1643069
DiamondM
Heisman

Re: More Marketing Publicity

Postby Dooby » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:56 am

The last line is:

Despite the Mustangs' record, no child will get the chance to get into the game and run a play.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby GrapevineMustang » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:17 am

That's kind of a shame, don't you think? Wouldn't it be a little amusing to see a 6-year-old busting the wedge on special teams?
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby RED » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:36 pm

I think this is a neat idea. I'm signing up my nephew to participate. The best thing we can do for the future is to get kids feeling positive about SMU. Spark their interest now so they follow the Ponies for years!
And - if it sells tickets to parents, then I'm all for it. Show off what we have to offer, while giving kids a cool thing to remember.
RED

Postby OldPony » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:46 pm

Why not have a Willie Nelson concert instead of the game? The tailgate would be more fun and I'm sure Highland Park would just love it. Maybe a concert title like "All the grass in HP isn't green".
Maybe instead we should begin by competing for athletes on a totally even field and having s win or two.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Football