PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pregame Party/Tailgate

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Pregame Party/Tailgate

Postby TUfan » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:48 am

Hi all-- Each week the Tulsa Board gets together for some pre-game fun. We always invite the visiting fans, but to date no one has shown up. Maybe some of you can be the firsts...anyway-- feel free to come on by. It's not necessary to bring anything other than yourself. :)
Let me know if you need more information.

TU vs. SMU HOMECOMING Pre-Game Party Information!!!

Who? ALL OF YOU!!! Bring your whole group!
If you are not at Catbird's, you are not cool.

What? Pre-game festivities-- food, beer (pop for you youngins) The entertainment is at least as good as any half-time show!

When? Saturday-- Beginning at 11:00 AM and going until it's time to go to the game.

Where? At Catbirds. 1119 So. Florence Ave., three houses south of Taco Bell. You can't miss it-- There is a white TU flag flying! There is also a "Stop the party is here" sign.

Why? To have a good time! (Why are you asking why anyway? Jeez...)

FAQ?

Where do I park? For those of you with parking passes near the stadium, you could easily park in your lot and walk. For the rest of you (shame on you-- just kidding), there is room in the neighborhood, but please be respectful-- don't block people's driveways, etc.

What do I bring?
1. Yourself and your friends/family.
2. Check the list below for the inventory and bring something that is not on the list.
3. If you have a card table that we could use, that would be appreciated as well.
4. A chair if you have a mobile one.
5. A camera. Trust me-- there are plenty of Kodak Moments going on.

What should I leave at home?
1. fireworks
2. large animals
3. Seriously now-- condiments (katsup, mustard, etc). That's covered.
4. Check the list of items that are already taken care of below and don't bring anything that you feel we have enough of. If you question whether or not there is enough, send myself or Catbird an email and we'll decide for you.

What about drinks?
Whatever you like. There is still pop left though... check the list below.

What do you do with the leftover supplies?
The left over beer/pop/food etc is saved for the next event, so if you do bring items to share, they will definitely NOT go to waste.

Any other questions?

If you know for sure...or even that maybe...you are coming and could respond either here or via pm or email, it would be appreciated. We would hate to run out of food.

Parts of this message were "stolen" from previous announcements made by Catbird and TUfan.

The list

On hand (sufficient number):

Paper plates
Napkins
Cups
Utensils
Dill chips
Dill pickles
Relish
Mustard
Ketchup
Sauerkraut
BBQ sauce
Olives
Onion
Cheese slices
Coke
Pepsi
Dt. Dr. Pepper

On hand:

20 Bud Light cans
15 Killians bottles
3 Boulevard bottles
16 Hot dog buns
38 Hamburger buns
18 smoked beef sausages
2# hamburger
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Re: Pregame Party/Tailgate

Postby i10pony » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:55 pm

Sorry Catbird,
Can't make can't make it to the game. Anyway alot of us are depressed over the state of this program. So if we are lacking enthusiasm don' t worry about it you know how it is being a Golden Breeze Fan.
i10pony
Junior Varsity

Postby Spaz » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:00 pm

Hey, a handful of us are going, and we'll stop by with some brats and brew if we can!

The Spaz

PS what IS the tulsa board?

<small>[ 10-22-2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Spaz ]</small>
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby TUfan » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:32 pm

Originally posted by Spaz:
Hey, a handful of us are going, and we'll stop by with some brats and brew if we can!

The Spaz

PS what IS the tulsa board?
Spaz-- definately come and bring your friends. The Tulsa Board is the Tulsa message board.
TU Boards
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby MustangStealth » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:33 pm

Hey Spaz, who all is going in your group?
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Spaz » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:40 pm

YOU!!

Here's the plan Stealth, and you can relay to the Alums.
We're going up for the day and coming back to save money. Bring your horns. If we've got enough people, we'll play in the parking lot.
Not sure what time we're leaving though, when's Gametime?
BTW, if ANYBODY who is gonna be at the game is reading this, tell us where you want us to come play if you want and if we can.

PS Right now it's DEFINATE Me Mustang Sally and Couch'em

<small>[ 10-22-2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Spaz ]</small>
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby TUfan » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:56 pm

Game time is 2:00 PM.
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:50 pm

Dang this is making me want to come to the game lol But personally since Im not I would go play at their little party over there Spaz!! Be Careful SMU Fans!! GO STANGS!! Good luck TUFan!! Hope for a great game! Ill be trying to keep in touch with the game since Im going to Shreveport! Wait I know!! Hey Spaz PM Me!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ClassOf81 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:15 pm

Anyone know what the tailgate scene is like up there? Do they have a big area like The Boulevard where people are supposed to hang out and get ready for the game? Is it a parkinglot-only situation? Do you have to hide beer from campus cops or anything, or is it basically allowed as long as it's in cups?

Any insight is appreciated - I've got a cooler ready to go!
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby TUfan » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:30 pm

Classof81-- I'll try to hit all of your questions.

Tailgating-- other than the "Ultimate Tailgate" that is not on Glenn Dobbs Drive, tailgating is done in parking lots. However, you can purchase a spot on Glenn Dobbs Drive (not sure that there are any left) if you want to tailgate there.

The "hangout" is Hurricane Ally and GDD. Also--Hardwood (across 11th Street) is usually pretty busy. Most of the places on 11th Street have some sort of "deal" going on-- and sell beer outdoors as well. At least Mazzios and hardwood do. I don't make it over there too often.

No need to hide beer from the cops or campus police-- only Kegs and bottles of hard liquor. TU is a wet campus. No cups necessary.

Did I get them all?
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby ClassOf81 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:40 pm

Thanks, TUFan!

Got one more for you (for the navigationally challenged): when driving up from Dallas, how hard is it to find the campus and stadium? It can't be seen from the highway, can it? Or do you know of a link on the TU website that would provide directions?

I assume I-75 runs almost all the way to Tulsa, right?

(Can you tell I haven't checked out a map yet?)

Thanks for your help.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby TUfan » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:47 pm

OK-- Because you talk of 75, I am going to assume that you will be coming to town on 75 (if not, let me know and I can get you different directions). The easiest way to get to the TU stadium from Highway 75 is to take 75 N to I-244 (when you will go through Glenpool-- keep going north. You will pass the I-44 exit). 75 basically takes a somewhat sharp right turn and becomes 244. Follow 244 over the river, past down town. Make sure you pay attention, because lanes turn in to exit only lanes. Take the Deleware/Harvard Exit. go straight through the first light (Deleware). The second light is Harvard. Take a right. Keep driving straight. TU will be on your right. You might drive past the stadium once and then look for a place to park. Come early and party with us south of 11th if you'd like.

Hope that helps.
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby Clarence Iba » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:30 pm

It's 240.3 miles from Skelly Stadium to Moody Coliseum. I've done this drive so many times it's memorized.

Watch for police in Tushka, Atoka, Stringtown, Kiowa. They are ruthless. A radar detector is a wise investment. When it says 45, go 45. When the speed limit is 70, you can get away with 80. Slow down in those small towns though. On the Indian "donation" turnpike, you can go 85-90 and get away with it. Not much traffic on there, but watch for OHP coming the other way. They can whip around and get you easily.

From Henryetta to Tulsa, I've never seen a police officer in my life. You don't need to slow down in those towns too much, but don't do anything stupid, ya know.
Clarence Iba

Postby Otto » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:33 pm

TUfan and my man Iba are the two coolest and most helpful opposing fans I've ever read. Thanks!
Hope it's a good game Saturday.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Return to Football