PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sounds like Bennett has taken over the defense

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sounds like Bennett has taken over the defense

Postby PonySnob » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:06 pm

The Ticket just reported that Bennett is coaching the defense when they are off of the field while Gush just stands there. It appears that whatever Bennett is saying is working.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Sounds like Bennett has taken over the defense

Postby SMU4u2000 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:07 pm

Hooray! No doubt the defense is thrilled to have Bennett calling the shots. Go Ponies!
SMU4u2000
Recruit

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:07 pm

Yea I heard he came and grabbed the clip board out of his hand!!

CRAPPPP!! THEY GET THE BALL INSIDE THE 1!! COME ON OFFENSE!! DO NOTTTTTTT! FUMBLE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby ProudPonyPa » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:30 pm

After today, he ought to give him the clipboard back.
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby giacfsp » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:33 pm

I wouldn't go that far. The defense was far from perfect, but we had bigger issues - like the damn penalties.

The should institute some new sprints-for-flags policy for everyone who commits a penalty. I bet they'd cut down dramatically.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 pm

It appears that "smart" football players with less talent than "dumb" football players with more talent make more stupid mistakes.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Joyous » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:51 pm

Ponysnob - right about now I will tell you to take a deep [deleted] dive. You do not have a clue and you need to put your money where your mouth is. We only have a few more games and although it will not mean much, I will be able to speak MY PIECE! Thank you. Everyone have a great evening. See you for Homecoming.
Joyous
Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:57 pm

Let's see how much interest you have next year after your son is gone. That being said, I was truly hoping that the SMU offense would have a much better year than what it was having as I truly enjoyed watching your son in the pre-Bennett years and I never understood how Cavan could have treated him the way that he did. I have been "paying my money" for quite a long time now and yet the product is the same as it was back in 1989. Actually back in 1989, SMU won more games than it appears that it is going to this year. Hopefully the younger players are better than the juniors and seniors are on this team.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Joyous » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:59 pm

Trust me I will have interest next year "after my son is gone" because technically my son will never be gone. He will be there one way or another and probably be the one responsible for turning the program around. Yes right, I am not going anywhere. You do not invest this much time in anything to just walk anyway. Thank You!
Joyous
Varsity

Postby HorsePower » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:01 pm

If there's one PonyFan whose loyalty never can be called into question, it's Joyous. Of course she loves and supports her son, but there's not a more faithful SMU fan among us. To challenge her or her loyalty - to SMU, as well as to her son - is sheer ignorance. Joyous is one of the great PonyFans, and I have no doubt will remain a PonyFan after her son graduates.
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby Joyous » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:10 pm

Thank you HorsePower. Some do not have a clue. But whether they like it or not, I will be around for a long time. See you Saturday!!! :thumbupcool:
Joyous
Varsity

Postby Joyous » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:30 pm

HorsePower, again thanks for your reply but to set the record straight, Chris graduated in May with a degree in Economics. We are so proud of him.
Joyous
Varsity

Postby HorsePower » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:44 pm

You know, I thought about that after I wrote that and left the house. I knew he had graduated and is in grad school. I should have said "after he's through playing" or something.

It's not the same as being related to him, but believe me, as PonyFans, we're all proud of him, too. He's a terrific player and a great ambassador for our school -- which obviously is a reflection on you and Mr. C.

<small>[ 10-25-2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: HorsePower ]</small>
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Football