PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Push to sell tickets to donate to AFB

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Push to sell tickets to donate to AFB

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:33 pm

For those that didnt get the Mustang Club email, the goal is to sell 2000 tickets to the bowl game and donate to military personnel from Hickram AFB in Hawaii.

Buy two tickets, get a t-shirt, send someone to the game. Pretty cool. I think in the deal they should've said a duplicate souvenir ticket would be sent to those that purchase tickets.
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Push to sell tickets to donate to AFB

Postby ender3 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:31 pm

For a duplicate ticket, I would gladly do this. I own three tickets I have no plan to use.
Stallion doesn't think I'm a stinkin' genius anymore.
ender3
All-American

Postby Junior » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:46 pm

I sprung for 2 tickets. I'm happy they will go to a good cause.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Junior » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Here's the letter from June:

Dear Friends,

I’ll always remember the 2009 football season as one of my favorite experiences. As you know, December 24th will mark the first bowl appearance for the SMU Mustangs in 25 years - an accomplishment I attribute to an unyielding belief by our entire team: players, coaches, athletic department staff, administration and fans.

It will be a special moment for our team as we run onto the field at Aloha Stadium. I know some of you will be in attendance, but others have asked how you can support the team even though you cannot attend.

One of the things I love about SMU is its patriotic spirit and its loyal support of the United States Armed Forces. Hawai’i is a special place – the home of numerous military installations. This is why I am writing you today. I am proud to let you know that SMU will lead an effort to provide complimentary tickets for the courageous men and women and their families stationed at Hickam Air Force Base to attend the Sheraton Hawai’i Bowl.

I ask for your consideration in purchasing as many tickets as you can so these dedicated troops can enjoy a college football bowl game on Christmas Eve. As our guests, they will be seated in the SMU section at Aloha Stadium. In recognition of your generosity, SMU will provide each donor with a commemorative t-shirt for every two tickets purchased through this program.

We have set a goal of selling 2,000 game tickets, based on our discussions with Hickam Air Force Base.

Tickets are just $40 each. If you are in a position to do so, please call Quinn Branson in our Ticket Office. Quinn can be reached at 214-768-3523 or via email at qbranson@smu.edu.

Providing these tickets to this charitable organization can potentially create certain tax benefits for you. Please consult your individual tax advisor to verify the specifics.

I know the Airmen and their families will appreciate this generous gesture. It will also show a nationally-televised audience what SMU is all about. Thanks for your consideration, your friendship and support. I believe. See you in Honolulu.

June
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby mrydel » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:07 pm

I did not read it that closely and called and ordered 2 yesterday. I am excited to learn I get a Tshirt. I hope it is the one that RGV pony has on backorder.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby NorthEastMustang » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:26 pm

This is a great idea. Hopefully they can reach the goal of 2,000 tickets.
NorthEastMustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Burleigh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:20 pm

I will not be able to go to the game and I would be happy to donate my 2 tickets for 2 commemorative tickets
Burleigh

Postby smupony94 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Burleigh wrote:I will not be able to go to the game and I would be happy to donate my 2 tickets for 2 commemorative tickets

I would do that if possible
smupony94

Postby Mestengo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:58 pm

If there is one thing I have learned in the last two years, there is always a new cause. :D
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:01 pm

alldallasfan wrote:
RGV Pony wrote:For those that didnt get the Mustang Club email, the goal is to sell 2000 tickets to the bowl game and donate to military personnel from Hickram AFB in Hawaii.

Buy two tickets, get a t-shirt, send someone to the game. Pretty cool. I think in the deal they should've said a duplicate souvenir ticket would be sent to those that purchase tickets.

It's Hickam AFB!

my bad. I stand corrected
RGV Pony

Postby lwjr » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:14 pm

I purchased a group of tickets and I hope everyone will consider this. I personally, do not believe I will never be able to do enough to thank those that protect me and this great country.

PONY UP!
ALOHA!!
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:20 pm

heard back from the folks at SMU and, of course, good idea but not possible (Commemorative tickets).

Anyway, still a good gesture and way to pay it forward. Maybe they're going to be transported from the AFB to the game in DISD busses?
RGV Pony

Postby Mama Bouche » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Mama just did 4 tickets, gets you two T shirts. Good cause. Thanks for posting this, it's something I've been wanting to do.
Mama Bouche
Junior Varsity

Postby ender3 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:22 am

re: Commemorative tickets not possible

No, it's not... not possible. It's not convenient. Or maybe they think they don't have to.

Who knows, but it's a crying shame, as I *know* there are many like me who simply bought the tickets to frame. There is just about a 0% chance my tickets will be used.
Stallion doesn't think I'm a stinkin' genius anymore.
ender3
All-American

Postby Burleigh » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:48 am

Don't give up on the commemorative ticket.

I just had a visit with Quinn to donate my tickets to the Air Force. He informed me the powers that be are giving condideration to some type of commerative for donors of tickets. A printer copy of a ticket would be fine with me. If they hear from enough of us, maybe!
Burleigh

Next

Return to Football