PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sounds like Joyous has issues with the

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sounds like Joyous has issues with the

Postby DandyDon » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:54 pm

coaching staff......is Coach Phil NOT the guy, Joyous?
DandyDon
Recruit

Re: Sounds like Joyous has issues with the

Postby Joyous » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:56 pm

Sorry do not understand. What do you mean. "Is Coach Phil not the guy". The guy for what?
Joyous
Varsity

Postby DandyDon » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:00 pm

..your comments about players "doing what they are told"? Are they being told the WRONG things? Do THEY know better? What are YOU implying, below??
DandyDon
Recruit

Postby Joyous » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:07 pm

The reason I try not to post is because people will have the assumption that it is coming from my son. To be fact, my son has/does not say anything about what is going on and TRIES to forbid me from posting on the board. But contrary to popular belief, other parents and people do call and tell things. People that MAY?? have inside information. All I am saying is, do not be so quick to blame the players or the quarterbacks. Try not to blame anyone. It's a bad situation and everyone is suffering. If you do not know and you are not a part of the coaching staff - just say nothing. Because believe me, if you are not on the inside it's just that - YOU KNOW NOTHING.
Joyous
Varsity

Postby DandyDon » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:15 pm

...gosh, now I'm really confused. Sounds like an "Abbott & Costello" reply.....WHAT in the world are you saying? What IS the issue(s)? What is the GAP? You make statements..you imply things...you throw out opinions, etc..you ARE an insider, so, guess what, folks want to hear about it..... :hmm:
DandyDon
Recruit

Postby Nacho » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:19 pm

Pleae leave Joyous alone. She is emotional right now. It's not fair to her to try to trap her into something she may regret saying later. Sorry to speak for you Joyous but I don't want you to do this at this time.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:22 pm

.."trap her"...?? She's the one who has come here making statements, inferences, opinions, etc., etc, and btw, her son is on the team, so,,,,"we" are interested.....I want to know, according to Joyous, what "we" don't understand???
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby Joyous » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:23 pm

First of all DandyDon - everyone knows me. What EXACTLY do you what to know. What are you confused about. New Poster. Possibly a Coach. Come see me at the game Saturday. Enough said. Thanks NACHO.
Joyous
Varsity

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:33 pm

...you have made SEVERAL statements / comments here tonight about.."players doing what there are told, not what they know is best"...how "we" all DO NOT UNDERSTAND?? Understand what? Or, unless we are ON THE INSIDE, we can not comment, inquire, speak out?? You have made NUMEROUS inferences to "what is REALLY" going on..unless you DO NOT want low lifes like dandyDon and others "following up" on these comments, I would suggest you do not post...long live THE COMET!!
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby DandyDon » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:44 pm

"ok" Joyous..you win...you make ALL these "insider" type statements on here tonight, how WE don't understand, how "it's" soooooo obvious, what is??, etc., etc...I then ask for an explanation / clarification and you tell me "to come find you" at the next game?? What's that...??
DandyDon
Recruit

Postby Joyous » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:52 pm

I'm not trying to win anything. No offense. Come talk to me at the game only means we can talk one on one and not on a public board. You can understand - :roll: I have a POSITION to uphold. Love you! :thumbupcool:
Joyous
Varsity

Postby Cupcaking » Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:07 pm

Well usually when folks on here are all off target and you know quite a quite a bit about what's going on inside the team, it's kind of hard to not try to point people in the right direction. Especially when they try to act like they know what they are talking about. You can't be asking Joyous to come on here and give you all the information she knows. Especially when you have so many people reading these boards. I am sure there are more lurkers than posters.
Cupcaking
Scout Team

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:27 pm

since I am not an insider, only a sufferer, I will ask only this. Whatever 'the situation' is, is our athletic director privy to it? I really don't think there are any easy scapegoats in an 0-8 season with a 20 point loss to Tulsa. In my opinion, no one can just point to the coaches or the seniors or the qbs or anything in particular. The problem must be systemic and has compounded over a number of years. We are bottoming out, which was probably inevitable when you refuse to recruit jucos to plugs obvious holes and depth problems.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sportchic » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:07 pm

DandyDon, just in case you didn't see the other post..... " Turn out the lights, the party is over! " I am not referring this to the mustangs football team .... Just want to know if anyone can figure out where the saying originate from and by who? ( Hint: the answer is right there )
sportchic
Recruit

Return to Football