PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Team Spirit!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Team Spirit!

Postby stangfan » Mon Nov 13, 2000 6:42 pm

Was it just me or did the players look as though they were having a good time on Saturday? They all seemed relaxed and confident? I noticed a spark in them that hasn't been there since Kansas! Whatever happened pregame, needs to continue if it will bring wins.

SMU00 and ponytalk,

I believe we all know why Pipkins was moved to receiver. He was used as a blocker in the majority of the plays on Saturday. I recall only one pass being thrown to him. It was a slot for about five or six yards.

I wanted to congratulate the defense on a job well done. But, we still have tons of work to do on making tackles!!!

------------------
stangfan
stangfan
stangfan
Recruit

Re: Team Spirit!

Postby PonyPride » Mon Nov 13, 2000 9:07 pm

After the game, the players were talking about how they had more fun this week -- in preparation for the game and in the game itself -- than they have all season. That was Cavan's message too, after the game and at his weekly media luncheon.

Football is still a game -- everyone plays better when they're having fun.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Team Spirit!

Postby ponytalk » Tue Nov 14, 2000 2:19 pm

The team looked relaxed, happy, and ready to play. Whatever was done in the hotel and lockerrooms needs to be replicated the rest of the year.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Football