PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tate

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tate

Postby click » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:03 pm

I'm tired like everybody else but I just have to clear the air. I read like most parents but hardly ever post. I have this to say,agree or disagree I don't care and I won't lose any sleep either way.
I coach HS ball and I coached against Tate Wallis for two years. His Jr year as a LB and his senior year as the QB. He was the best QB's we faced. They ran a spread offense and no huddle he called the plays from the line of scrimmage. We tried in vain after watching film to disguise our coverages
by showing a cover 2 or cover 3 and drop to zone or cloud coverage but he would pick up the switches and go to the hot receiver,if we cheated on him he burned us deep. He is a good QB and I do think that Bennett sees this. For some reason we cannot get this offense going but I am not going to lay this on the footsteps of Wallis.It is very unfair. Nuf said,both my fingers are tired.
click
Scout Team

Re: Tate

Postby No Quarter » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:50 pm

Click, are you suggesting SMU hire the Ennis coach as head coach? Whether or not he ever works at SMU, do you think he will be a colege coach some day?
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby Sam I Am » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:08 pm

Hiring a Stephenville ocach has worked for UH. Maybe hiring the Ennis coach at least for the offense is the way to go.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby OldPony » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:15 pm

my adnauseum comment-QB ain't the problem.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby click » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:53 pm

No I'm not suggesting anything of the sort.I'm just saying tate was a great QB,don't read between the lines,there ain't nothing there.
click
Scout Team

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:42 pm

Great kid probably, but great QB?????!!!! I know he had a very nice Senior year at 4A ENNIS, BUT HAVE YOU SEEN HIM PLAY AT SMU?
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football