PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Common Denominator

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: The Common Denominator

Postby Crong » Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:27 am

Thank you for bringing up the admissions topic. From what I have read, SMU is playing on a more even playing field. Is the field completely even?

If not, why hasn't there been more pressure put on the AD? If there are restrictions in place that keep the football and basketball programs from succeeding, why isn't there more demand to change them? At this point, I don't care who put the restrictions in place. If they need to change, the powers at be need to make it happen.

It’s nice to have a basketball program with the second highest graduation rate. However, I can live with fewer graduates if SMU consistently competes in post season tournaments.

I attended “The Commitment” meeting when Bennett was introduced. At the time, I thought “The Commitment” was a desperate attempt of someone trying to keep his job.

<small>[ 10-29-2003, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Crong ]</small>
Crong
Varsity

Re: The Common Denominator

Postby EastStang » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:35 pm

What position did Russ Potts step up to? He's now a Virginia State Senator. I doubt that many people in Clark County, Virginia have heard much about his exploits at SMU.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football