PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jim Copeland

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jim Copeland

Postby MustangFan » Wed Nov 15, 2000 5:35 pm

Think about what has transpired under Copeland's regime:

• Plans were drawn up for a new stadium
• Funds were raised for the new stadium
• Stadium was built
• Coach Dement was retained amid speculation that he might be lured away by a school with more resources
• Coach Cavan was retained when everyone thought he was irreplaceable and he was being wooed by Ole Miss
• Coach Hyndman was retained when being courted by the Dallas Burn five years ago
• SMU's integrity was maintained with self-imposed sanctions leveled for stupid violations last year
• An overhaul of the school's admission policy has now been accepted

This man, out of everyone in the athletic department, can not be replaced. We need to keep this man around for a long time.
MustangFan
All-American

Re: Jim Copeland

Postby MustangMom » Wed Nov 15, 2000 6:15 pm

I agree!! Jim Copeland has done much for SMU and the athletic program. Thank you Jim and way to go!!!!!

In the next few years I hope he can work on instituting a training table for athletes and even more support academically for student athletes.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby BUS » Wed Nov 15, 2000 8:14 pm

Being one that is emotional, I would like to say that Mr. Jim Copeland has had a plan for SMU and it is working. Sometimes I do not understand but things are getting better.

I sure hope Caoch Cavan works out and SMU goes Bowling next year.. By the way I and Sick of saying NEXT YEAR.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponytalk » Wed Nov 15, 2000 9:36 pm

I think Copeland has done and is doing a finr job. But I also think Pres. Turner is also helping out a lot. He is very supportive of athletics. I think he really helped with this recruiting deal and with the stadium, it was a lot more than Copeland.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby MustangMom » Thu Nov 16, 2000 7:30 pm

I agree wholeheartedly!!! President Turner is doing great things for SMU - not only in the area of athletics but academically as well. His leadership and long range plan for the school has lead to wonderful new buildings and a higher level of excellence in learning. Thanks President Turner!

[This message has been edited by MustangMom (edited 11-16-2000).]
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUguy » Thu Nov 16, 2000 7:52 pm

You're right on -- Turner has been a great addition to the campus and its athletic department. The pregame atmosphere that he brought from Ole Miss has been exceptional, particularly before the Kansas game. (True, the excitement has waned with each loss, but it's still bigger and better than it has been since football came back.) Copeland and Turner are to be commended for everything they've done.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Return to Football