PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU-TCU game crowd???

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU-TCU game crowd???

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 17, 2000 4:09 pm

if we, by chance, beat fsu this weekend...what do u think the crowd will be for the tcu game....

any word - as of yet???

thanx in advance!

Re: SMU-TCU game crowd???

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Fri Nov 17, 2000 6:50 pm

The crowd won't be real good. Maybe 25,000 -- probably closer to 15,000 or 20,000 -- and two thirds of the people there will be fans of the little froggies.

More importantly, we will have more recruits at that game -- on official SMU visits -- than we've had at all other home games combined. And damn near every one of them will be looking at the little froggies, not us. They'll listen to Coach Cavan's rhetoric about the beautiful stadium, the good education, etc., and spend the whole game watching the other team.

It's possible we need an upset against the little froggies than against any other team in recent memory.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 18, 2000 10:36 am

Better hope for good weather, but a lot will depend on how both teams fare today. If Frogs beat UTEP, I expect them to bring 10,000 to see their regular season finale and to get a 1st hand look at what a nice, new stadium with luxury suites looks like.

I don't expect more than about 10,000 to show for SMU, so my guess is about 20k for this game.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 18, 2000 3:38 pm

i flying back to texarkana & i was thinking about driving over for the game (3 hours)......problems being for me is that its on a friday & since i haven't seen my family in the last yr i may have to miss it....this is when i wish they were winning so i could then justify making the game & all would understand & i could keep the "family peace"....however, i'm playing it all by ear for now....thanx again!

Return to Football