PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cunningham moves past LeVias?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cunningham moves past LeVias?

Postby OldPony » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:23 pm

I don't think anyone is saying anything negative about Comet. Comet is a stud and deserving of all recognition. To say that Levias was better though is just a fact. BTW- Stallion- Those slow white guys weren't the ones chasing him in the NFL where he was Rookie of the Year. Unfortunate injuries kept him from the honor roll of the NFL. Jerry was simply the best reciever SMU has ever had. While we did have very good QB's during his stay, he made them look better than they were. Who could ever forget the catch he made from Inez Perez to beat the Aggies the year the Aggies won the Cotton Bowl vs Bama. If Livvy hadn't gone down to injuries, it would have been SMU in the CB.
OldPony
Heisman

Re: Cunningham moves past LeVias?

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:58 pm

BTW:

Just as a statement of opinion and not to start any arguments, when it came to running routes and catching the ball, I would put Gary Hammond up there with any of them. He only played receiver one year, but he put some highlight catches on the film reel.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football