PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

National Pub

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

National Pub

Postby Red+BlueDude » Mon May 22, 2000 11:41 am

Not sure of the link, but this week's Sporting News has an article that features an extensive interview with Mike Dement about the process of helping Jeryl Sasser prepare for the NBA Draft. Good to see the Ponies getting some more national ink.
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Re: National Pub

Postby ALL4SMU » Mon May 22, 2000 2:30 pm

That is great to hear that SMU is getting some good national publicity. It is always good to hear our school mentioned in a national magazine such as the Sporting News. I am going to search around to see if I can find this link, cause I would really like to read the article on it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Does it seem to indicate that sasser will be for certain heading for the pros, or is he still trying to see what kind of intrest is out there for him?

------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder"

"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: National Pub

Postby Red+BlueDude » Mon May 22, 2000 7:06 pm

Pretty ambiguous on our buddy Sasser, although it stressed that he was smart in his decision to not sign with an agent (in other words, it looks like he's headed back to SMU.)
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Return to Football