PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

About what you'd expect from 0-11

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

About what you'd expect from 0-11

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:22 pm

This board is very entertaining these days, with some clearly about to go suicidal. Must admit, following SMU athletics is making me a bit of a schizo these days. I really thought we'd be more competitive yesterday, but deep down I kept remembering Navy and I'm left wondering whether this coaching staff simply does not know how to defense the option, or whether our talent level has dropped off to what amounts to a very mediocre I-AA level football team?

And then there are those who believe all the "negativity" on this board will chase recruits away. I've got to believe that 0-12 will have more effect on a kid than anything some bozo posts on this or any other board.

Through it all, I guess I'm surprised that we still have a small group of loyal supporters, who despite what they might say...have not given up hope. I can't imagine why anyone would waste his/her time to come cry and moan on this board is they didn't care. When you are 0-11, this team and coaching staff should be glad we don't have 30,000 loyal fans because it could get downright brutal. Those guys are suffering enough and I sure hope they, and any future Mustang football players who might read this board, have thicker skins than to let this stuff bother them. If not...well, we really are in trouble.

Better times are ahead, They have to be. It doesn't get any worse than 0-12 and getting blown out by your rival to end the year.

We play hoops today, right???
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football