PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Positives

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Positives

Postby Mike Damone » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am

Other than the obvious negatives from the game saturday, I did notice some positives I can't believe no one is talking about.

The offense looked much much better than it has all season. We actually had a decent passing game. Phillips looked much more confident and was able to find some open receivers. I really liked the way the frosh receivers looked. The experience they are getting will prove to be invaluable. For the first time all year, I felt that we had a chance to score on a big play. Nothing against KK, but I think next year when we have a RB-like say Massey, that can shift and break one when there is nothing there, our offense will add another diminsion.

I know it looked bad, but we did some things on offense this week that I didn't think our team was capable of doing against thin air.

The defense looked pretty bad. We did stop the option, but couldn't handle the play action pass. As for next year, I can only see the D-line getting bigger, healthier, and better and our linebackers will be the strength of our team with some serious size and speed. Hopefully this front seven with give us more of a pass rush so that our young but talented DB's will be able to hold up and develop.

Plus, you gotta give the little man some props on that punt return. Did he run between someone's leg on that thing?
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Return to Football