PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Remember 1997!!!!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Remember 1997!!!!

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:27 pm

Those words should be posted in BIG BOLD LETTERS AND NUMBERS on the JumboTron during the entire game against TCU on November 29! :mad:

REMEMBER 1997! JUST WIN, MUSTANGS!

And, by God, I better hear some YELLING in my section of Ford Stadium when I get up and start the cheers. (Section 104, 50 yd. line, row 14, west side) You think you've seen the Mustang Maniac??????? :no: YOU AIN'T SEEN A MANIAC UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN ME START THE YELLS AND CHEERS FOR THE MUSTANGS AT THIS GAME TO START THE WINNING STREAK GOING INTO THE 2004 SEASON!!!!!

I DON'T WANNA SEE ANYONE SITTIN' ON THEIR TUSHES IN MY SECTION, DAMMIT! I WANNA SEE YA'LL ON YOUR FEET! I WANNA HEAR YA'LL YELLING FOR THE MUSTANGS! I WANNA HEAR AND SEE YA'LL GO TO THE WINDOWS AND SAY "I'M MADDER N' HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!" (with apologies to Peter Finch in "Network") COME ON, MUSTANG FANS! UNITE! NOW IS THE TIME! WE'RE GONNNA KICK SOME FROG [deleted] ON NOVEMBER 29TH! DAMN! I DON'T WANNA SEE A BUNCH OF FOLKS SITTIN' ON THE HANDS AND YAWNING AT THIS GAME! I WANNA SEE YA'LL GO INTO A FRIGGIN' FRENZY AND LET THESE MEN KNOW THAT THEY'VE GOT FANS WHO GIVE A DAMN!

BE THERE! 'CAUSE A TRUE MUSTANG FAN WOULD! :w00t:

<small>[ 11-21-2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: MrMustang1965 ]</small>
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Remember 1997!!!!

Postby MustangStealth » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:52 pm

I'm with you!
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:16 pm

The University of Southern Mississippi (USM)
Southern Methodist University (SMU)

Same letters. Same outcome of the game against TCU. :thumbupcool:
MrMustang1965

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:20 pm

There should be no sitting on hands. Doing so will result in the eviction of 100 frog fans from Ford Stadium.
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:03 pm

Originally posted by MrMustang1965:
(Section 104, 50 yd. line, row 14, west side)
Im comin to sit by you man nobody in the press box will do anything except clap for when we make a good play or score!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby GallopingGuy » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:34 pm

I'm seriously thinking of bringing a sign to the women's basketball game against TCU next Monday:

"Southern Methodist loves Southern Mississipi"

Hey, the names are close enough. Maybe some of their luck against the Frogs will rub off on us next week, perhaps? Going 2-0 against them in basketball AND football would be so great. :)
"...and right to the end we'll stand..."
GallopingGuy
Recruit

Postby Adopted Frog » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:30 am

Probably ought to learn how to spell Mississippi before you go to making any signs!
Adopted Frog

Postby DallasDiehard » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:36 am

Originally posted by Mustangs35SMU:
Originally posted by MrMustang1965:
[b](Section 104, 50 yd. line, row 14, west side)
Im comin to sit by you man nobody in the press box will do anything except clap for when we make a good play or score! [/b]
You mean the suites on Level 3? Journalists (and others working in the pressbox, even if they work for one of the schools involved in the game) who are working at the game aren't supposed to cheer or clap or show bias in any way, as far as I know.
OK, now that I've said that, can someone who's worked a game confirm if I have that policy right?
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby GallopingGuy » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:33 pm

Originally posted by Adopted Frog:
Probably ought to learn how to spell Mississippi before you go to making any signs!
Grrr. M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I. I knew that. :) That'll teach me not to write posts while I'm on my way out the door.
"...and right to the end we'll stand..."
GallopingGuy
Recruit

Postby Spaz » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:54 pm

HOLY ****!!!! HIS SPELLING WAS OFF!!!! YOU BETTER KILL YOURSELF RIGHT NOW, GG!!!

Adopted Frog, to use a term your TCU friends LOVE to use anytime a SMU person gets on their message board, shut up you Troll and get outta here!

The Spaz
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:03 pm

Originally posted by DallasDiehard:
You mean the suites on Level 3? Journalists (and others working in the pressbox, even if they work for one of the schools involved in the game) who are working at the game aren't supposed to cheer or clap or show bias in any way, as far as I know.
OK, now that I've said that, can someone who's worked a game confirm if I have that policy right?
No I mean in the Club Level
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:51 pm

What crawled up your butt and died and made you Spelling Bee Champion?
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby Adopted Frog » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:26 pm

Hey PAMR - what childhood trauma made you the nasty little [deleted] that you are? :hmm:
Adopted Frog

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:04 pm

Hey PAMR - what childhood trauma made you the nasty little [deleted] that you are? :hmm:
Not surprising that you would attack me with a profanity. That's par for the course with TCU fans...especially for ones who never spent a day in class there.
If you really want to know what pisses me off then I will share it with you. What pisses me off are sorry bastards like you who come on here and run their mouths and try to ruin the spirit of things here. All some of us were doing were just having a little fun and ribbing, something you obviously know nothing about. Again, for a TCU fan that's not surprising. You pathetic SOBs don't know the meaning of the word fun. You're probably one of those TCU losers who chants "crosstown whipping boy" or some other lame chant and think you're having "fun."
Anyway, since you've posted, you've done nothing but run your damn mouth and every time that someone has rebuttaled your sorry [deleted], you come up with some lame attack. Like Spaz said, you're like the kid in 1st grade who can't come up with anything more than "you're fat" or something of that nature. Just like your post calling me a "nasty little [deleted]"...it's pathetic and classless.
Last I saw, this is Ponyfans.com and not killertrolls.com. The people who are regulars here can dictate the posts as they feel.We don't need trolls like you coming in here and [deleted] and moaning because you don't like something that's posted. If you don't like it then get the hell out and go post on your own sunshine board. BTW, I'm grateful that SMU didn't end up with a pathetic SOB like you for a fan. TCU can keep you and your F'n money.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby methodistmustang » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:28 pm

Originally posted by Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex:
[b] Hey PAMR - what childhood trauma made you the nasty little [deleted] that you are? :hmm:
Not surprising that you would attack me with a profanity. That's par for the course with TCU fans...especially for ones who never spent a day in class there.
If you really want to know what pisses me off then I will share it with you. What pisses me off are sorry bastards like you who come on here and run their mouths and try to ruin the spirit of things here. All some of us were doing were just having a little fun and ribbing, something you obviously know nothing about. Again, for a TCU fan that's not surprising. You pathetic SOBs don't know the meaning of the word fun. You're probably one of those TCU losers who chants "crosstown whipping boy" or some other lame chant and think you're having "fun."
Anyway, since you've posted, you've done nothing but run your damn mouth and every time that someone has rebuttaled your sorry [deleted], you come up with some lame attack. Like Spaz said, you're like the kid in 1st grade who can't come up with anything more than "you're fat" or something of that nature. Just like your post calling me a "nasty little [deleted]"...it's pathetic and classless.
Last I saw, this is Ponyfans.com and not killertrolls.com. The people who are regulars here can dictate the posts as they feel.We don't need trolls like you coming in here and [deleted] and moaning because you don't like something that's posted. If you don't like it then get the hell out and go post on your own sunshine board. BTW, I'm grateful that SMU didn't end up with a pathetic SOB like you for a fan. TCU can keep you and your F'n money. [/b]
THIS IS MY VOTE FOR POST OF THE WEEK!!!! I think we are all ready to get Adopted Frog out of here. He obviously didn't give somebody like me a chance when he came to the game. I've lived in the Suburbs of Dallas all my life. When I found out that it would be possible for me to go to SMU if I drove I had to take the chance. I love the school and all the people/students that are referred to as snobs because no one takes the time to get to know them. I drive 30-minutes to an hour every day to attend classes at SMU. I have only missed 2 games in 2 years of being a fan(one was a funeraly, the other I was out of town). I love this school and it is very upsetting that so many humble human beings would be labeled by an out of towner loser like adopted frog. He reminds me of the TU crap orange fans. only about 25,000 of the fans that go to their games actually went or go to the school and they cry when they lose. That's pathetic. Neither current fan of TCU or TU( I am talking about UT but as an ex aggie fan I call them TU coming from the phrase (beat the hell out of TU"). The truth about adopted frog is that he like most humans was looking for instant gratification and TCU happens to be the good team in town right now. But we are the real fans. "Blessed are they who did not see and yet believed." -Jesus
I have never seen a winnning football season at SMU but I believe that I will soon enough. I also have never seen SMU beat TCU...but I will soon enough. We are the real fans because we believe in our team and haven't come to be fans because we saw a good team play and jumped on the bandwagon.
SMU-THE University of Texas
methodistmustang
Scout Team

Next

Return to Football