PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Maybe Bennett should...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Maybe Bennett should...

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:40 am

As I sat there watching Clemson totally humiliate their arch rival USC last night, I couldn't help but fear the same season ending fate for the Ponies this coming Saturday.

Maybe Bennett should pull a "Corso". I love his story about his Indiana team's "big game" against Ohio State...when everyone in the stadium, including coach Corso and his team knew they were grossly mis-matched against the Buckeyes. When Indiana scored 1st to take a 7-0 lead, Corso called a timeout and took his entire team down to the scoreboard end of the field where they assembled for a team photo with that 7-0 score in the background. When the officials came over to break it up, coach told them: "we quit".

Of course, Corso was just kidding and they went on to get their brains beat out by something like 42-7, but what a great moment.

I say let's score 1st and have some fun in a season that couldn't possibly have been much fun for this team!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Maybe Bennett should...

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:45 pm

Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
As I sat there watching Clemson totally humiliate their arch rival USC last night
You mean South Carolina lol USC killed whoever they play Clemson beat South Carolina like 63 to 17 something like that
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Maybe Bennett should...

Postby i luv the 80s » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:19 pm

University of South Carolina = U.S.C.
i luv the 80s

Return to Football