PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Reasons to be thankful

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Reasons to be thankful

Postby giacfsp » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:17 pm

Remember how glad we were last year when TCU receiver and admitted PonyKiller LaTerence Dunbar graduated (well, went to the NFL)? The list of Frogs playing their final regular-season games tomorrow includes one enormous DT (Chad Pugh), two outstanding DEs (Robert Pollard and Bo Schobel), one of the fastest LBs in the nation (Devon Davis), a big, talented safety (Brandon Williams) and quite possibly the best PK anywhere.

Not that I don't think the durn Frogs have talented players waiting in the wings, but thank god these guys are gone. Their loss will be far more significant than the loss last year of players like LaMarcus McDonald and Sean Stilley. This is a really impressive class.
giacfsp
Heisman

Re: Reasons to be thankful

Postby ponyte » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:37 pm

Be thankful we are young. Oh yes. we are inexperienced and it shows. however, Ole Miss and Arkansas are Sr. laden. and many 5th year Sr. And both have do quiet well. I am thankful we are young and that Bennett is allowing some experience and holding some back. It will pay big dividends.

I am thankful for my SMU degree. I am thankful I played at SMU when we were paid to win and did. I am thankful that regardless of our record,there is have hope that SMU football will return to its winning ways. I am thankful that, regardless of our record, I get to return to Dallas for a game. It beats the daylights out of Waco!

Beat the POS Frogs!
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:00 am

Im just thankful right now for being an SMU Mustang fan!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Letterman » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:09 am

(I realize this isn't in Top 10 form, but....)

Well said, Mustang35SMU!
Letterman
Scout Team

Return to Football