PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Senior intros

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Senior intros

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:09 pm

hearing the name C.B.Williams makes me recall the bad luck SMU has had with big men over the years. Wasn't C.B one of those "man mountains" recruited to play on the OL who had a career ending back injury his frosh year? J.D.Blagg is another guy who would have been introduced as a Sr DL, but never recovered from injuries he suffered early in his SMU career. Boy, I hope we can build some depth in the trenches soon so SMU can get back to competing on the gridiron.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Senior intros

Postby Johnny Rock » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:46 pm

Do not hold your breath on that one. Every team faces injuries. Most of our competition and the top teams in Division 1-A are able to overcome injuries with JUCO recruits and are able to build more depth than SMU by recruiting players that SMU cannot even recruit due to its policies that handcuff our coaches. I expect TCU to beat us bad today, but it is sad that many of their players played their high school ball in SMU's backyard. However, SMU did not even recruit many of TCU's players because of its policies. Think of how many DISD players every year go play for national powerhouses that SMU does not even look at. Until SMU changes its policies, expect more of the same results in football that we had this year. Sure, we may get lucky and beat UTEP, Tulsa, or Rice next year but it is not likely. SMU's policies will force it right out of Division 1-A athletics. You heard it here first.
Johnny Rock

Return to Football