PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU Games are Going to Get More and More Fun

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU Games are Going to Get More and More Fun

Postby ponyboy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:54 am

I don't think we're going to win this one. My guess is 49-24. But this rivalry is only going to get more and more fun over the next few years...
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: TCU Games are Going to Get More and More Fun

Postby FrogBait » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:42 pm

ponyboy wrote:I don't think we're going to win this one. My guess is 49-24. But this rivalry is only going to get more and more fun over the next few years...

Yes, I hope so too!
FrogBait
Scout Team

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Especially now that Utah and BYU are leaving the MWC. There aren't going to be too many "circle-em" games for the Frogs. The better SMU gets, the bigger this series becomes for both schools.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Although now that I think about it, I think the Toads have Baylor and Tech next year.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby San Antonio Mustang » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Agreed and with our progress we will be very competitive in one to two more years. TCU better enjoy this year, because they are not going to like it very much in the future.
San Antonio Mustang
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:58 pm

I hope TCU is enjoying everything about this year. Do you realize that they're now very close to everything that we were in the glory years of the 1980's -- except in a "BCS" conference. But the chatter over in Fort Worth reminds me of the pregame chatter down in Austin in 1980...
ponyboy

Postby deepellumfrog » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:16 pm

ponyboy wrote:I hope TCU is enjoying everything about this year. Do you realize that they're now very close to everything that we were in the glory years of the 1980's -- except in a "BCS" conference. But the chatter over in Fort Worth reminds me of the pregame chatter down in Austin in 1980...

Believe me ponyboy, I am enjoying this like it goes away tomorrow. Cause it might. I have been so impressed with what the school and Patterson have been able to do the last 10 years, because I remember what it is like to beat SMU in the last game of the season for our first victory of the year( and to keep you out of a bowl...sorry about that). With our school size and resources, I am amazed with what we have been able to do. Enjoy the good times, those BCS boys may run us down eventually - but I really appreciate what we( and I include SMU in the 'we') offer in contrast to the big public schools.
deepellumfrog
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:30 pm

In my opinion "we" offer real college football -- as opposed to the pseudo-professional crap going on in the BCS monopoly. You guys make it past us, I hope you win it all and stick it to the man.
ponyboy

Postby skyscraper » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:33 pm

This entire week has been a blast. It's great to see the school go all out for this with the signs, etc.
I know the game will be even better.
skyscraper

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:18 pm

both SMU and TCU fans have to love what is happening because it has been a while since we BOTH had competitive programs. I will go on record as saying I'd love to see UNT get it together as well and would love the 3 of us to play each other "round robin" every year for a Metroplex Mayor's Trophy".

would be great for the DFW area to have more local college football to get excited about. These games should be played in front of packed, enthusiastic houses
Charleston Pony

Postby NavyCrimson » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:23 pm

You can bet the bcs-BS cartel is rooting for us. With TCU winning, there's a much better chance of them running the tables for a bcs bowl thus havoc again this year. So much for their 'computerized' rankings & mythical championship! BS!!
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Return to Football