PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Great effort

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Great effort

Postby OldPony » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:00 pm

20-13 is much closer than anyone anticipated. Ponies WILL be better next year. Just a couple of breaks could have made this a win today. Wait until next year for FB and back the Ponies for BB.
OldPony
Heisman

Re: Great effort

Postby Sam I Am » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:02 pm

OK, but waiting for next year is like Waiting For Godot. :whistling:
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby Arkpony » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:03 pm

Now we know the REAL reason TCU wants to get out of a conference we're in...they see the writing on the wall.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:51 pm

TCU showed us today that they are probably about the 4th or 5th ranked non-BCS team. Besides USM, I've got to believe that Boise, Miami-Ohio, BGSU and possibly N. Ill, Marshall & Utah are all every bit as good or better than the frogs. They are going to get a lot of bad press for backing down from a match-up with Miami-Ohio. Sure wish Miami could play Boise as those two appear to be the two best non-BCS programs.
Charleston Pony

Postby SmooPower » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:52 pm

Great game. Thought we were going to pull it off there for a while. My voice is dead. :eek:
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby No Cal Pony » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:28 pm

boise would blow tcu out of the stadium.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:52 pm

Originally posted by Smoo Power:
Great game. Thought we were going to pull it off there for a while. My voice is dead. :eek:
Same Here man! Hopefully itll be back before Monday lol

God Im so proud of our guys right now! this game for myself I think has made up for the 0-12 season yes I know we're 0-12 but The drive and determination these guys showed at 0-11 was so amazing! I cant believe it!! God We're gonna be much better next season! I mean no other place than to go up!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby MesquitePonyFan » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:59 pm

The guys played hard today! Went for one reason, to see the future and SMU showed today they have one. Chris Phillips gets better each week. Now Coach Bennett, stick with him!! Seeing that many Freshman play and make a contribution tells me this program has hit rock bottom and is on it's way back up. I have not jumped ship. The guys were just a play or two away from an upset. I was excited today at Ford today. The TCU fans around me were awfully quite. They were not very talkative on the way back to the parking area on the shuttle either. I think they realized they were lucky to avoid an upset. Being from Mesquite, I was especially glad to see Mark Hodges get a key catch. The kid is big and getting bigger. He will end up making a heck of a receiver. ALthough 0-12 is certainly not were I wanted to be, that glimpse of the future leaves me anxious for next year.
Go Mustangs!
MesquitePonyFan

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:05 pm

btw welcome to the boards MesquitePonyFan!! Hope ya have a great time here on the boards!! Its gonna be crazy come next season!! Gonna be better hopefully!!

Chris I can already tell from the way he has played so far will be GREATTTTTT!! by the time hes a Senior! Man Maybe God has finally answered our prays for a QB!!! *Please!!!*
Mustangs35SMU

Return to Football