PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Well, the refs didn't cost us the game...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Well, the refs didn't cost us the game...

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:32 pm

...but they sure ended it.

Anyone see if that was really a face mask? I was not sure, looked like a shoulder pad, or just incidental maskage...
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Re: Well, the refs didn't cost us the game...

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:32 pm

Thats what has had me steaming!!! The bogas interference call, WITHOUT doubt gave tcu three points! Then the facemask call at the end of the game, when it should have been a holding penalty on tcu!!! If tcu would have had these officials today at Southern Miss., they would be 12 and 0!!!
We were warned in advance about tcu's offensive lineman holding. And boy I had no idea, i have never seen offensive lineman clearly, and purposely hold so much.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby KnuckleStang » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:42 pm

For what it's worth, Craig Swann didn't seem to take major issue with the facemask call, and coming from him, that means a lot. He pretty much compains about every call on the ponies (and that's actually one of the reasons I like him).

As for the pass interference call, I didn't see it, but it sure sounded like a botched call. The boos were deafening on the radio, and there couldn't have been that many SMU fans there.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:51 pm

The pass interference call was totally bogus...their legs crossed and hit, and the ball was totally uncatchable (probably overthrown on purpose when he saw that SMU didn't bite on the flea flicker).
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby Frog81 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:57 pm

I was in the opposite end zone from the play, but it didn't look like a good call to me. I assumed when I saw the flag that it was offensive interference. The refs were bad for both sides. They'd call an iffy penalty on both teams, and then not bother to call an obvious penalty the next minute. Either way, good game today.
Frog81
Recruit

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:18 am

I was on the 50 for it man! It was a booooooooooooogus call! It wasnt even a catchable ball but oo well game over Great way to end the season Mustangs!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Bergermeister » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:29 am

"Great" (?) way to end the season? We lost the game.
Bergermeister

Return to Football