PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

#4 in the country...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: #4 in the country...

Postby SMU 86 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:05 am

TCU is good but not #4 in the country.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:05 am

RedTapestry wrote:This is just a sour grapes comment. Not sure what you are looking for. Top 10 Texas, OU, Florida have each struggled badly at points this year. TCU was clearly superior in every way tonight. We hung with them for 2.5 quarters, at which point the law of averages and the law of the superior 2-deep inevitably took over.

I am not going to use margin of victory over the little engine that could, SMU, as TCU's measuring stick for a #4 ranking. They want to play the best. I would love to see them beat the best. I would absolutely love to see TCU beat an AQ top 5 player. Give me TCU-Texas. Give me TCU-Bama. Then let's see if they deserve it.

Besides, I happen to think we have a pretty decent team.

on a nuetral field, i think they beat Garrett Gilbert and texas. Gilbert and padron are a bit too green yet for that kind of pressure
Hoop Fan

Postby Statler » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:07 am

SMU 86 wrote:TCU is good but not #4 in the country.

Who cares...they are TCUseless
Statler
Hall of Famer

Postby NickSMU17 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 am

Did any of you go to the game...

SMU played well but the first team defn was not outclassed by tcu, if TCU is #4 we are 10...they aren't that good....

Curly was the difference tonight....dalton is far overrated as is TCU...

If they played in AQ conference they are middle of the pack....no knock on SMU as they are getting better, but TCU was not impressive...

Padron played like a guy starting in his 10th game....he was safe until the last pick...1 bad decision all night cost us a shot at the game...tcu didnt win, we let them have it...The Int. was a surprise even to the DB who grabbed it....

And to say the game was decided by the end of third quarter is like admitting you were not there...

TCU sucks...shtty academic school, bad campus, overrated football team...not impressed with them....I think the next 2 years are ours...
NickSMU17

Postby koolherc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:11 am

West Coast Johnny wrote:
koolherc wrote:my @ss...

That team is comparable to Texas Tech and will finish in the 15-25 range at best.

Hey jerk-wad! Why don't you give some credit to SMU? Could it be possible that SMU played at a high level today?

Hey pencil-neck! I'm being provactive, if you want to start a rosy thread go right ahead. No reason for me to apologize for saying I don't think they're the 4th best team in the country.

I really don't think we played at a "very high level" tonight. I thought we were strong to quite strong, but we were capable of much better on both sides of the ball tonight. Its refreshing to be able to have higher standards now for SMU. Still a very young team, the future is much brighter then accepting a 17 point defeat to our rival as a moral victory.
koolherc
Scout Team

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:13 am

NickSMU17 wrote:Did any of you go to the game...

SMU played well but the first team defn was not outclassed by tcu, if TCU is #4 we are 10...they aren't that good....

Curly was the difference tonight....dalton is far overrated as is TCU...

If they played in AQ conference they are middle of the pack....no knock on SMU as they are getting better, but TCU was not impressive...

Padron played like a guy starting in his 10th game....he was safe until the last pick...1 bad decision all night cost us a shot at the game...tcu didnt win, we let them have it...The Int. was a surprise even to the DB who grabbed it....

And to say the game was decided by the end of third quarter is like admitting you were not there...

TCU sucks...shtty academic school, bad campus, overrated football team...not impressed with them....I think the next 2 years are ours...

where are these perfect football teams this year besides Bama? austin? baton rouge? LA coliseum? nope, tcu can play with most anybody. viscous hitters.
Hoop Fan

Postby NickSMU17 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:14 am

Ohio state would be TCU by 40
NickSMU17

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:15 am

NickSMU17 wrote:Ohio state would be TCU by 40

20 maybe in columbus. terrell pryor aint done it yet against much.
Hoop Fan

Postby NickSMU17 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:17 am

Neither has Dalton....in fact he sucks

We dont kick the ball to curly and we still may be playing....and he is only guy that would start at top 4 SEC or Big10
NickSMU17

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:18 am

the 2nd best team in the SEC is 'maybe' the 4th best team in the country....

no freakin way tcu is 2nd best in the SEC

Look at their schedule...Tenn Tech, Baylor, Colorado St, Wyoming, UNLV, SD St, New Mexico State...that's 7 cupcakes. Add so-so BYU, SMU and AF...that's 10 of their 12 opponents

it would be a disgrace for them to be considered a Top 8 team.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Dwan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:18 am

TCU is the number 4 team in the country. That means we are a top 15 team. I think we can win the majority of our games this year especially with Houston's problems at QB.
Dwan
Heisman

Postby koolherc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:19 am

Hoop Fan wrote:where are these perfect football teams this year besides Bama? austin? baton rouge? LA coliseum? nope, tcu can play with most anybody. viscous hitters.

Nevermind those teams, it would be a coin toss against Tech, home, neutral or away.
koolherc
Scout Team

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:20 am

The good news is we can replicate the tcu model, in fact if we put our minds to it, we can be even better.
SoCal_Pony

Postby koolherc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:21 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:The good news is we can replicate the tcu model, in fact if we put our minds to it, we can be even better.

No question, in June Jones I trust.
koolherc
Scout Team

Postby SMU 86 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:22 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:The good news is we can replicate the tcu model, in fact if we put our minds to it, we can be even better.

True, we just have to get a weaker schedule and little bit more athletic.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

PreviousNext

Return to Football