PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

game thoughts

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

game thoughts

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:37 pm

great team effort today, but the biggest issue with this team continues to be the Offensive line. TCU was in our backfield all day, literally on about every play. I hated the play call on third and goal from the 5; the fade route is not a play works for us very often. A bootleg or a slant would have been much better or even an option. Instead we settle for fg and 13-13 tie. Phillips did great under the pressure, but really got beat up pretty bad. Phillips, Massey and Munlin provide alot of hope for next year, but we gotta find a unit that can protect and open up holes.

Our crowd was poor as expected. Who didn't know that SMU fans would no-show for a losing season on Tgiving weekend? It was very predictable, I hope we stop scheduling this way, its now been proven our fans don't show on holiday weekends.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: game thoughts

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:15 pm

not only was the crowd poor but about 75% of them sat on their asses when the team needed them. Guess its been so long since we had a close game they forgot how to support the team. As for the Students-well at least some showed up for the second half-a disgrace against your chief rival.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:23 pm

You may have been kidding, but I honestly do think our fans have forgotten how to get into a game. Even in the Cotton Bowl days of the late 90s, there was bursts of enthusiasm and chants. The fan base is very down right now. I do my share of yelling, but I must admit being more subdued this season.
Hoop Fan

Postby Pony Up » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:27 pm

Considering our record going into the game and the fact that the students were on Thanksgiving vacation, I was glad to see as many SMU fans as we had. And at times, they even drowned out the Froggy faithful, who clearly were still hungover from their trip to Hattiesburg.
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:47 pm

Originally posted by Stallion:
not only was the crowd poor but about 75% of them sat on their asses when the team needed them. Guess its been so long since we had a close game they forgot how to support the team. As for the Students-well at least some showed up for the second half-a disgrace against your chief rival.
You cant complain to me about me sittin on my [deleted] for that! I stood up the wholeeeeeeee game besides halftime! Screamin my head off! I dont even have a voice right now! I did go up to where my seats our in the club level with about 4 minutes left and stood up there the whole time also! God I feel so proud to be an SMU Mustang Fan right now! Im really proud of our guys!
Mustangs35SMU

Return to Football