PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I hate talking about this but...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I hate talking about this but...

Postby methodistmustang » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:53 pm

is the GMAC a possibility for Tulsa? Or will they be stuck in the Humanitarian with Boise like UTEP was in 2000?
SMU-THE University of Texas
methodistmustang
Scout Team

Re: I hate talking about this but...

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:03 pm

CUSA conference just got over! if TCU doesnt go to Mobile or whatever that bowl is called then they wont be going to a bowl at all! They have a few hours to tell TCU officals what their decision is
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pigskin Frog » Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:27 pm

Well, good luck in the C-USA, SMU. TCU won't be there. Britton Banowsky, who catered to every little whim of Mike Tranghese without even trying to put up a fight, has forced TCU to go to the MWC.

Instead of Banowsky working with TCU to uphold academics, to try to persuade TCU that C-USA is where it should stay, he pulls this petty crap and the rest of them go along with it. This proves TCU shouldn't stay in C-USA.

Too bad.

All this crap that presidents, bowl officials and commissioners put out about not wanting a playoff because they are concerned about academics is nothing more than double-speak and total lies.

Fact: GMAC contract is for Dec. 20-25.
Fact: GMAC is being played Dec. 18.
Fact: GMAC calls for team arrivals Dec. 13.
Fact: TCU final exams are scheduled Dec. 15-18.
Pigskin Frog

Postby MizterTea » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:02 pm

Originally posted by Pigskin Frog:
Well, good luck in the C-USA, SMU. TCU won't be there. Britton Banowsky, who catered to every little whim of Mike Tranghese without even trying to put up a fight, has forced TCU to go to the MWC.

Instead of Banowsky working with TCU to uphold academics, to try to persuade TCU that C-USA is where it should stay, he pulls this petty crap and the rest of them go along with it. This proves TCU shouldn't stay in C-USA.

Too bad.

All this crap that presidents, bowl officials and commissioners put out about not wanting a playoff because they are concerned about academics is nothing more than double-speak and total lies.

You forgot one fact: the 6-5 tcu team's 1998 Sun Bowl appearence was due DIRECTLY to the El Paso folks NOT wanted to let any of the Mountain West Cowards play in their bowl that year - since they were leaving UTEP behind the following season.

"This types of [deleted] happens all the time. You got to get yours - but foo' I gots to get mine!"
- Snoop Dogg
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:05 am

ESPN calls all the Bowl shots if you didn't know. GMAC Committee and CUSA have no choice but to go with ESPN on this. ESPN decided that it would be great to feature Miami of Ohio vs. TCU. Even though the Bowl Committee probably would have preferred Louisville. Memphis screwed up last weekend by losing. Cincy is not attractive to the GMAC folks. I am somewhat surprised that CUSA filled all their spots.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Dooby » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:20 am

Rumor on one of the C-USA boards that if TCU bolts for the Mountains, C-USA has decided to offer Miami (Ohio) and not La. Tech. If accepted, Miami would be in the East and So. Miss. would go to the West. So instead of TCU in conference every year, we'd play So. Miss.

I don't want TCU to leave, but I think adding Miami (Ohio) would be poetic.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MizterTea » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:23 am

Originally posted by EastStang:
ESPN calls all the Bowl shots if you didn't know. GMAC Committee and CUSA have no choice but to go with ESPN on this. ESPN decided that it would be great to feature Miami of Ohio vs. TCU. Even though the Bowl Committee probably would have preferred Louisville. Memphis screwed up last weekend by losing. Cincy is not attractive to the GMAC folks. I am somewhat surprised that CUSA filled all their spots.
well... if UH gets shafted out of a bowl bid this year because of this mess, word is that they will be blaming our froggy friends. I make no judgments about the tcu decision - just reporting the news from H-town
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby Nacho » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:37 am

The Frogs are the most overrated team in the history of college football. Of the teams we played this year TT, OSU and Boise are infinitely better than TCU. Any of those teams would beat TCU by at least 50. TCU does not belong in the top 25. I for one think that TCU should go to the MWC. They deserve each other. TCU should play Miami of Ohio instead of ducking them and get a little humble pie laid of them too. My 2 cents. Can I have some change?
Nacho

Return to Football