PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

While tcu continues the "nations longest tantrum",

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

While tcu continues the "nations longest tantrum",

Postby HighfalutinHorse » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:37 am

is anybody else out there in Ponyland a bit "curious", concerned, perplexed, etc. about the C-USA leadership, ie: commish...?? :whistling:
HighfalutinHorse
Scout Team

Re: While tcu continues the "nations longest tantrum",

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:52 am

Well they arent fallin in for TCU yet! TCU gots till 3 pm today to figure out what the decision will be
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dooby » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:05 am

The question I keep wondering, which you never see discussed over at killerfrogs.com, is "what the heck was he supposed to do?" There wasn't any way Louisville or Cincinatti was going to stay; he went out and got the two best schools available in Marshall and UCF. He then went and added some schools to get to the requisite 12 members to have a championship game. Of those three pariahs-one is going to a bowl game this year and the other two are in top 10 media markets that (with all due respect to UNT) lock up those two media markets for C-USA.

From what I can tell, everybody at TCU thinks the C-USA comissioner "should be doing more." More what? More [deleted]!ng, I presume. But the reality is, what more could he do.

As for the TCU-Mobile bowl dispute, I don't blame the commissioner for refusing to put up with TCU's cr@p. TCU complained about their conference and threatens to leave; they complain about their schedule that they set up themselves and threaten to leave. They don't get the bowl they want and are threatening to leave as well. My in-laws went to Miami(probably the only two Miami University alumni in Fort Worth; BTW, never call it Miami of Ohio unless you want a lecture) so I have been forced to hear about their football team all year and watch every game available on TV or pay per view. I am sorry that I find it a little too convenient that TCU somehow can't fix its schedule to play a non-BCS team in a bowlgame that might grind them into the dirt.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:11 am

Read in the DMN that Boise State is in the running to play the Horned Frauds in the FW Bowl.
That would be great. BSU 54 tcu 6.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby dandyfan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:16 am

so true planostang
dandyfan

Postby EastStang » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:28 am

Boise is a free agent of sorts with the blessing of Benson and their home Humanitarian Bowl. Thus, they are free to try and get into the Ft. Worth or GMAC Bowl for a top 20 match-up. They also could go to Music City or Motor City. I'll bet they're being real coy to get the best deal out there. Let's see, we might come to your bowl, if you drop that ticket requirement to 1,000. This gives the WAC a better payday all around (possibly) and may give Louisville a kick in the groin. If Boise goes to the GMAC, Tulsa goes to the Humanitarian, Louisville may be out a slot. Now if Boise goes to the Ft. Worth, Tulsa goes to the Humanitarian, then Louisville could end up at the GMAC.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:34 pm

I don't think the WAC gets any "payday" out of these minimum payout bowls, and if the WAC is run like every other conference, the entire $750k goes to the team representing the conference to cover their expenses. Of course, the largest expense can be the ticket guarantee they have to commit to in order to be invited. I seem to remember Clemson agreeing to buy about 8k tickets to Boise a couple of years ago and they made a big pitch to their 20k member IPTAY (booster) club to buy tickets at $55 per ticket. I think Clemson's boosters bought a ton of tickets that were donated to the boys and girls club of Boise. That's the advantage of having a large loyal following, something SMU hasn't had since the Doak Walker era.
Charleston Pony

Return to Football