PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU turns down GMAC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU turns down GMAC

Postby Water Pony » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:46 am

Here is the announcement that TCU has turned down the GMAC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1674891

I am afraid this is a slippery slope for them and CUSA. Unfortunately, they don't look good in their choice to pass up playing Miami (Ohio), a high caliber opponent. Is this the way they inform everyone that they intend to move to MWC?

They may not see it now, but over time they may regret these choices. Ego is getting in the way of good decisions.

<small>[ 12-01-2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Water Pony ]</small>
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: TCU turns down GMAC

Postby CoxSMU » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:53 am

If I was a big recruit and was choosing between TCU and another top 25 school, this probably would have an affect on my decision. No bowl for school exams? Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt the players are too excited about this??
Geaux Ponies and Geaux LSU!
CoxSMU
Junior Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:00 pm

I've accused SMU administrators in the past of having too big of an opinion of our position in the conference world. TCU is about to go over the edge. You should have seen Pattersons interview by local reporters after the game. They are so full of themselves its unbelievable right now. They must be going to the MWC, its obvious their relationship with Banowsky has deteriorated. I doubt we would ever really shut them out if they wanted to come back to CUSA, but it would be funny to see them have to sink or swim on an island in the MWC.
Hoop Fan

Postby Mike Damone » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:05 pm

Mabe they can go ahead and go to one of the MWC bowls this year.

Sounds bitter, but I hope this backfires and they don't go to a bowl at all. Every now and then you've got to be knocked of the high horse. I thought Southern Miss already did that, but I guess not.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby Dooby » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:11 pm

The college football equivalent of picking up the ball and going home.

Since this is an SMU forum, I think we can all relate to this: TCU is like that girl that was real hot stuff in highschool. Then she went to SMU and she was good looking, but by no means the creme of the crop. But she still acted like she was the [deleted] and expected to be treated accordingly. My experience is that those girls were more trouble than they were worth.

<small>[ 12-01-2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Dooby ]</small>
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Spaz » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:19 pm

Leave my mom outta this!
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby NavyCrimson » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:23 pm

Yeah - it looks like they're gone for sure by the way they're acting...hope not but it appears that way....

FUNNY - SPAZ!!!!
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:38 pm

Originally posted by Dooby:
TCU is like that girl that was real hot stuff in highschool.
I think a better analogy is “TCU is a girl that looks good after 8 beers…then the next morning you sober up.”

Not too excited about LA Tech replacing TCU, much more excited about Miami (Ohio) replacing them.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Dooby » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:58 pm

Originally posted by SoCal_Pony:
Not too excited about LA Tech replacing TCU, much more excited about Miami (Ohio) replacing them. [/QB]
I'd love Miami as well, but I doubt it happens. Miami is in the MAC with five other Ohio schools. If Miami went to C-USA, their non-conference schedule would be full every year playing their traditional rivals and they still wouldn't be able to play all of them.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby NavyCrimson » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:06 pm

tcu board saying denver radio is reporting air force & tcu in fw bowl...it looks like tcu is really positioning themselves for a move to the mountain goat conf.
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby Nacho » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:08 pm

If the GMAC got Boise to play Miami (Ohio) that would probably be the best non-BCS Bowl out there. Would sort of be like winning the NIT in basketball, but better. The winner might end up in the top 10.
Nacho

Postby Greenwich Pony » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:45 pm

Actually, I think it's funny if they go to the MWC at this point. If they think they're getting short shrift from the CUSA, what do they think will happen in the MWC? The Utah schools (read BYU) and Air Force own that conference. What they want, they get, and if they leave, the MWC is doubly dead in the water... They are not going to cater to TCU like the CUSA has.
Support the Commitment! We're all SMU Mustangs fans- we should all be committed!
Greenwich Pony
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:01 pm

TCU will have the life of the mushroom in the MWC. The first year they cover you with manure (aka tell them how wonderful they are), the second year they keep you in the dark (gee, we don't know why you didn't get that bowl bid but BYU got it instead), the third year, they pull you up and throw you away (sorry, but travel is just to much of a burden for us and our TV contract is lower than expected, we're kicking you out, buh, bye).
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby cowboypony » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:07 pm

collegefootballnews.com has an article that "predicts" TCU v. Tulsa in the FW Bowl.
cowboypony
Junior Varsity

Postby Nacho » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:20 pm

No offense to Tulsa but that fits the profile of the kind of team TCU loves to play. Gives them a win that their fans can extrapolate into a NC. TCU is such a joke.
Nacho

Next

Return to Football