PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Firing Assistants

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Firing Assistants

Postby DickerJames » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:59 pm

Does anyone have an example of a head coach having success after firing assistant coaches? I think it is usually a desperation move signaling the end is near. The most recent examples that come to my mind are A&M and Nebraska. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not feeling real confident about next year right now. It certainly doesn't help that our loosing streak will probably reach 15 before we have a good shot at a win, and I worry that the preasure of the streak will prolong the streak.

Thank God basketball is here, and I am still pinching myself after that awesome win last nite.
DickerJames
All-American

Re: Firing Assistants

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:09 pm

So you really believe that TCU is better than our guys? If we played TCU right now?! I truely believe we gonna beat them next season!! September 11th,2004 in Fort Worth! Im already making plans to spend the night in Dallas that Friday Night and drive to TCU the next morning!! GO MUSTANGS!!

And about that win last night...
God I love when Im able to brag to all the Texas Tech people that go to my school after saying they would kill my Mustangs that night! WHOOOO!!! GO MUSTANGS SHOOT THE BEARS!!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:22 pm

Originally posted by Mustangs35SMU:
GO MUSTANGS SHOOT THE BEARS!!
I hope that there was no pun intended.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby Higher Authority » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:55 am

The fact that the same line has been posted twice leads me to believe it was not an accident. Classless.
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Return to Football