PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OfFSEASON OPTIMISM

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OfFSEASON OPTIMISM

Postby spreethug » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:36 pm

I HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME CUBS FAN SO I AM THE IDEAL OPTIMIST.

nEXT YEAR
1. BEAT TCU
2. TAKE OVER THE WAC WITH PHILIPS
3. SELL OUT SOME GAMES
4. CLOSE OF THE GRASSY HILL WITH SEATS FOR THE 05 SEASON
5. GO INTO CONFERNCE USA ROLLIN ON 24'S AND HOPE THEY HAVE A PLAYOFF SYSTEM BY THEN AND BE THE GONZAGA OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL

HERES TO TO OVER 8 MONTHS OF ANTICIPATION
spreethug

Re: OfFSEASON OPTIMISM

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:13 am

Originally posted by spreethug:
1. BEAT TCU
Thats the only one I even care about!! KILL THE FROGS!!!!!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:23 am

Rah! Rah! Rah!
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hoofprint » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:09 pm

Originally posted by spreethug:
1. BEAT TCU
Laugh if you want to, but this is not totally out of the realm of possibility. Yes, the game will be played next year in Fort Worth. However ....

1. We'll have 61 sophomores, not freshmen -- who had better be living in the weight room between now and then.
2. We lost by a lot (62-7) three years ago, 38-10 two years ago, 17-6 last year and 20-13 this year -- the margin is dwindling every year.
3. Phillips now has experience and has an entire offseason to get more familiar with his receivers and to watch film and to get stronger and spring drills and 2-a-days and .... in other words, our promising QB should be even better next year than he was this year.
4. The Ponies will be significantly bigger, faster and stronger next year.
5. The Frogs have some talented young players waiting to play, of course, but their outgoing senior class is a serious bunch of players, including: PK Nick Browne (thank god he's gone), RB Corey Connally, LB Devon Davis, DT Richard Evans, OT John Glud, LB Josh Goolsby, FB Kenny Hayter, RB Ricky Madison (who was supposed to be the starter this year before getting hurt), TE Stanley Moss, DE Robert Pollard (thank goodness), DT Chad Pugh (ditto), Tyrone Sanders, DE Bo Schobel (thankfully, he's the last of of that froggy family) and SS Brandon Williams.

We all like to joke about the Frogs because .... well, because they go to TCU, they have to live in Fort Worth, they wear purple and are named after little lizards, they enter the field to the sound of a Zamboni that can't find an ice rink, their little bent-knuckle hand signal is comical, at best .... but you have to admit, that is one seriously talented senior class. Good riddance, fellas. No smack talk here - that's a terrific senior class.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby Pony Up » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:48 pm

Right you are. It's hard to give credit to the Frogs for .... well, for anything, really. But you're absolutely right -- that class that's leaving TCU has had a bunch of big games against us. Nick Browne might be the best college PK I've ever seen, and Bo Schobel is a complete freak of nature. Nobody that big should be able to move like that. I'm glad they're moving on.
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Return to Football