PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Josh McCown

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Josh McCown

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:12 pm

Well...if you want to call Josh McCown a 'traitor', that's your right. I got the best of both worlds. I saw him at SMU (under that idiot Cavan) and then at Sam Houston State where he took us to the playoffs! :)
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Big Cat » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:43 pm

Johnny Rock- Why exactly should Josh have stayed @ SMU?
Big Cat
Scout Team

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:35 am

Originally posted by Stallion:
Has this kid ever played a game in his College and Pro career when he didn't hand the other team a TD. I guarantee he may lead the world in TDs handed the other team per number of snaps in the Modern Era Of Football.
For the record: McCown's stats at SHSU

Completed 259 of 429 passes for 3,481 yards with 12 interceptions and 32 TD passes. 2 of the interceptions were returned for TDs. He rushed 112 times for 351 yards and 6 TDs.
MrMustang1965

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:45 am

oh how did he do in the Pee Wee League.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:55 am

Yeah, I'd say he can't be blamed for the INT last Sunday. He was in his throwing motion when he got hit and dragged down, causing the ball to fly up and off-target .... and into Mike Minter's hands. And as much as the skeptics would like to string up McCown for transferring, there isn't a quarterback alive who hasn't had the same thing happen. Staubach, Aikman .... even the "great" Quincy Carter can be picked off when he gets drilled as he's throwing the ball. It happens. Blame the offensive line for that INT, if anyone.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:58 am

Originally posted by Stallion:
oh how did he do in the Pee Wee League.
You just hate it when someone puts real numbers up to trash your argument, don't ya, Stallion? ;)
MrMustang1965

Postby Big Cat » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:45 pm

He is holding his own in the NFL...
Big Cat
Scout Team

Postby GrapevineMustang » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:24 pm

Originally posted by Big Cat:
He is holding his own in the NFL...
Damn right!
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:57 pm

Arizona Cardinals' HC had this to say about former SMU QB Josh McCown (Sam Houston State, '02) following Sunday's loss to Seattle. Emphasis on the very last sentence of the coach's comment.

Posted on the Arizona Cardinals' web site: He’s good at throwing the play action stuff. He’s very good at throwing on the move. The thing he does very well, he throws equally well running to his right or to his left. He’s got the ability to square the shoulders when he’s running to his left and still be able to deliver it and throw it. As far as certain routes, for any young quarterback, any of the outside throws that they make inside the pocket are going to be the more timing routes they have to get off. I’ve been impressed with Josh. I think that he has shown that he belongs as a quarterback in the National Football League. :thumbupcool:

McCown's individual stats for the Arizona v. Seattle game:

He was 25 of 40 for 273 yards and a TD with no INTs. Plus, he led in rushing with 8 carries for 38 yards.

<small>[ 12-23-2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: MrMustang1965 ]</small>
MrMustang1965

Postby Dooby » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:11 pm

Arizona Cardinals' HC had this to say about former SMU QB Josh McCown (Sam Houston State, '02) following Sunday's loss to Seattle. Emphasis on the very last sentence of the coach's comment.
Emphasis on the Sam Houston State, brotha. The kid left; I stopped caring. So should you.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:47 pm

Well...since my allegiances are to BOTH schools, I choose to still care.
MrMustang1965

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:55 pm

All I got to say is screw the NFL
Always hated the NFL always will!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:42 pm

I noticed you failed to mention that Josh MCCown as he almost ALWAYS does was giving out early Christmas presents last Sunday-2 interceptions and a fumble on a key 4th and 5 and my favorite EIGHT(8) sacks. Enjoy his work next week because it will be the last time he makes the field in the NFL. He never earned it in the first place.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby Big Cat » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:17 pm

Stallion, you are so full of **** it is amazing. I have never disagreed with much that you have said in the past, put to say he did not earn his current position is just stupid. NFL teams don't hand starting jobs to just anyone, especially not at the qb position. You think he started his last game, maybe so. I personally think you are wrong. He through a couple of interceptions this year...Look at David Carr...He is trowing them left and right, and they are the same age.

You clearly don't know half as much about football as I thought you did. Why can't you just be happy for the kid?
Big Cat
Scout Team

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:53 pm

go to any Cardinal site-HE DID NOT BEAT OUT JEFF BLAKE-they simply wanted to see how much they wasted on a second round pick last year because with McCown at QB next week(a certain loss) they've got the Inside Track for the Number 1 pick in the NFL Draft. I guarantee you will find no site that suggests McCown beat out Jeff Blake.

Stallion

PreviousNext

Return to Football